Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Human Freeze Grenade?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Arsis, Feb 23, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    What would you guys think if humans could have a freeze grenade? Fair? Overpowered? Post your opinions!

How It Would Work
    -The Radius of the grenade could be the same of a regular grenade
    -The freeze could last 1-2 seconds
    -Doesn't do any damage to zombies, just freezes them
    -You would have to choose from this grenade or the regular Napalm Grenade we already have
    -Only available to Donator/Admin
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 14, 2010
      OP- Overpowered
    • Nov 30, 2011

Ahh.I did not see this part. IF you have to choose from a napalm grenade or freeze grenade thats pretty Fair imo
    • Feb 12, 2012
    • Feb 18, 2011
      I have seen other communities try this and nothing good came from it. I had the same idea before as well and I don't think it would happen.
    • Jan 8, 2012
      Zombies would have a better chance of winning rounds and it would be fun to try. Most CT's can't cade worth shit so 10 of them sit in a room shooting at 1 vending machine holding it against the wall so no zombie can pass. I come through and bomb them all for 1-2 seconds enough time to hop over and destroy them. mUahahahhaa
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Nov 16, 2011
    • Jun 4, 2006
      A simple change like this could throw off the balance quite a bit, and napalm nades are already annoying enough, freeze would irritate the SHIT out of me.
      • Agree Agree x 6
      • Jul 19, 2011
        ^make it another perk for donators. in a french servers, they made (i think) the flash grenade a freeze grenade. It worked pretty well and it did not throw off gameplay that much. If the humans are about to die... they will die. Freeze nades are another great incentive for players to obtain donator. If you were freezy nades out of flashes, it would work well due to the ammo barrel and other grenade supplying things not be able to replenish flashes. Maximum 2 and you neither buy anymore nor throw anymore
      • Feb 12, 2012
        Anyone else wanna share their opinions? Soo far it looks 50/50
      • May 15, 2011
        It could be fun for the first bit, but after that, it's just going to become a pain in the ass. People, self included, already find the napalm grenade extremely annoying. Being rendered unable to move would just cause player rage. Also, all the explaining we'd have to do for all the fucking retarded players who don't understand it's a feature, and think something's wrong and then start bitching.
      • Feb 12, 2012
        Not a bad idea to make a donator/admin perk.
      • Jul 24, 2011
      • Feb 18, 2011
        I don't like it but I have a question about it. We have napalm grenades, so what do we do, get rid of them and replace it? Or do we make another grenade freeze?
      • Feb 9, 2012
        hes planning to make flashbangs become freeze nades. fire nades will still be here.
        Also we'd have to make sure this isnt gonna affect/glitch bosses in any ways (in mako we have ice, so they may interact incorrectly)
      • Feb 12, 2012
        We make Napalm/Freeze grenades, and you can only choose 1 per round. It can replace the smoke grenade so 2 cant be bought.
      • Jun 4, 2006
        That would be even worse imo. If I was a regular player that always got fucked up by freeze nades and I couldn't even use them myself when I was a human, pff, PF is now laaaame.

As I said before, I'd hate a feature like this personally. When you become completely helpless it's the most irritating thing in the world, at least with napalm we still obtain some control.
      • Nov 2, 2011
        My concern is about our maps. A lot of maps are already hard for zombies to win, so adding this will make it impossible on some of the maps for zombies to win.
      • Feb 12, 2012
        It's not really as bad as it looks, the freeze time goes by fast and people don't spam this. Imo 2 seconds of freeze time is a lot better then the 5-10 sec of napalm.
        • Agree Agree x 2