Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I am buying a kewboard (piano)

Discussion in Help Desk started by Jenos, May 22, 2011

Which one?

Yamaha Psr-E413 Portabletable Kb 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Yamaha Npv60 Piaggero 1 vote(s) 100.0%
Yamaha DGX-630/YPG635 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Yamaha MM8 Synth/Workstation 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Mar 25, 2011
    So I'm buying a keyboard piano. I plan on buying something from Yamaha (i trust that company for instruments). Max amount of money I'm willing to spend is $500, maybe $600. I've found two candidates at a local shop (daddys.com), the first one is:

[IMG]

This is the Yamaha Psr-E413 Portabletable Kb
    The Psr-E413 doesn't offer the amount of keys i would like, but it's cheap ($229.99)

My second option is this:
    [IMG]

This is the Yamaha Npv60 Piaggero

My third and final option is a suggestion from you. I am looking for a key board with a large range of sound (alot of voices and styles), split and dual function, headphone jack and a jack for a pedal, must also have speakers, must be buy-able in a shop in Rhode Island, Connecticut, or Massachusetts, and has to have at least 70 keys (Yamaha psr-E# being the exception.

Thanks to anyone who helps.
  2. Mar 22, 2011
    Neither of those have weighted keys so go with the 76-key. You'll regret it when learning a song and not having enough octaves.

But if you can find a weighted key keyboard with at least 61 keys, go with that.
  3. Mar 25, 2011
    After a lot of consideration and studying, I've decided to raise my budget to $1,000 (with the help of a few friends). This opened up 2 new options:

The Yamaha DGX630/YPG635 (they're both the same thing). It comes with built in speakers, and is the same kind that i originally learned keyboard with (and want to branch away from). The stand is also built on the keyboard, so all i would need is a seat.
    [IMG]

Or what I aim to get, the Yamaha MM8 Synth/Workstation. Unfortunately there are not built in speakers, but i have my own speakers. This piano is excellent when it comes to variety in sound but i will have to buy my own stand and seat. The benefits seem to beat the drawbacks in my opinion.
    [IMG]

What do you think?
  4. Dec 29, 2006