Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I am not working right now

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Mer, Mar 20, 2007

1. Jan 11, 2007
    Well, I am at the university right now, sitting at my desk. Scattered on it right now are piles of paper that I *should* be working on... but I am not.

-> There is a pile of assignments which I am supposed to have marked by this upcoming Friday (I'm about 1/4 done right now, and don't expect to touch them again today...)

-> Then there's my research for a thesis which silently collecting dust in the corner. I am hoping to make some serious progress this week, but aside from my books being open, and some related papers scattered about, nothing remains accomplished today (...or at all this week..) Actually, in all seriousness, I haven't made anything more than minor progress on my research problem this term, and at this rate, will not finish my degree before 2010... Hopefully this is just a momentary lapse in productivity...

Instead, I am on the internet, keeping up-to-date on the latest CBC news and cruising the CSS and poker forums. Not that these two activities have much in common... Half-an-hour from now, I will be going to the pub to knock back a few $2 brews and eat some free pizza (there's a grad student social...)

Aahhh... the life of a procrastinator.
    Aahhh... the good life of a grad student. :lol:
  2. Mar 1, 2007
    i did that all through college.. waiting untill the last minute isn't the best thing to do, but there's so many better things that you coiuild be doing right now instead of work... things such as sleeping, watching tv, css, a shiny thing just rolled across the floor-go chase it... besides, you can always do it later......i graduated that way, so it can be done....