Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I bought Team Fortress 2 and...

Discussion in Help Desk started by InvaderZi, Feb 20, 2011

1. Dec 12, 2010
    I bought Team Fortress 2 right now, and i fought wierd that came TF2 and TF2 Beta.

Is that normal? why the beta version?
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    When I bought TF2 some time back, it also came with the beta. No idea why. Though I haven't played it, maybe it just had some early concept or different mechanics that didn't make it into the main game. I could be wrong, but it's just an extra that Valve probably thought "Meh, just throw it in."
  3. Dec 12, 2010
    So there is no need for this one? i can simple not download it?
  4. Feb 12, 2011
    Some people wanted to play TF2 like it used to be, without all the special weapons and such.
    So valve made the beta public, so that they can play the older version there.
  5. Dec 12, 2010
    Oh, okay Thanks :grin:
  6. Feb 17, 2011
    is that the case with css source beta too?
    coz its still on my list and never went away after the big update
  7. Dec 12, 2010
    Well, I think is nothing that have we have to worry. Just ignore the beta version.
  8. Dec 12, 2010
    I am a bit nervous about the game... I mean, sites like "can you run it" says my computer runs the game but on the minimun... But if the game laggs alot? (My brother bought this computer in what?... 2004).
  9. Nov 2, 2010
    It's the same as CSS beta, its a more updated version that is updated more often than normal css aka every 4 years... Beta is a regular update for steam to play with.. I got about half way through downloading that, until I figured its still css and I already have it installed, so I cancelled it. If you download css beta tell me what it's like.. TF2 beta is exactly the same.

oh and uhmm I got this info from one of my mates on steam, so don't hate if this info is not correct.
  10. Mar 16, 2008
    Beta simply test things that aren't on the main game. They test them there before the retail game sees it in order to keep problems from the pride and joy, they only test minor things so new weapons won't be seen on it.
  11. Dec 12, 2010
    OHHH, now i get it. So updates like the "SandsMan" goes first in beta to than the regular one? Nice.