Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I can no longer get a server for Counterstrike.

Discussion in Help Desk started by My Ringtones, Jun 25, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 25, 2011
    Anybody have any ideas to help?
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Do you mean the master server list isn't giving you a list of CSS servers? Restarting steam usually fixes this, same if your favorites aren't showing for whatever reason.

Also wrong section, moved to help. Server trouble is for issues with plague fest servers only.
  3. Jun 25, 2011
    I restared steam and nonething happened tryed to connect to server got up to 2 bars then said could not connect
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    What server are you trying to connect to? is cl_allowdownload and cl_allowupload set to 1?
  5. May 6, 2011
    JzX posted something similar.

It probably has something to do with your firewall.

Try turning it off to see if that is the problem.
  6. Jun 25, 2011
    :nuke: still can not find a server
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    So now you can't find a server, even though you just stated you tried joining one... you're very hard to help.
  8. Jun 25, 2011
    I tried what the video sayed on youtube typed name in of server and typed connected ` key thats were I typed it in
  9. Jun 25, 2011
    I think i have the same problem that other guy had the exact same problem
  10. May 6, 2011
    Then you are probably like his friend, whom didnt' know how to turn off her firewall.

The firewall, is not always the windows, it might be the one on your antivirus software, that you weren't even aware you had it. But, if you are quite computer savy, then never mind.

But, this situation, which I had experienced before, was due to the firewall. I would focus the attention on that.

Unless, you have a copy of the CSS prorgam that has not been updated, or a non-steam copy. Then.....well....
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    So is it just me or is it annoying when people expect you to read the topic title and expect you have all the information you need to help.
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    Exactly why I stopped trying to help him. :whistling:
  13. Dec 28, 2010
    so what happened cant connect to a server? maybe you got a fake CSS.
  14. Oct 10, 2010
    new Valve bug since update
    had the same yesterday, i tried join a friend on a server he was playing on,
    it says to me server is not response, even trough he played on it

this was happens with multiple servers.
  15. Jun 25, 2011
    M_Infantry You were right and with the firewall issue and Brian you were right about mcafee that was the issue
  16. Oct 10, 2010
    i have nothing from this installed,
    so why i have this issue?
  17. Feb 18, 2011
    Do stuff, fix..Issue done
  18. Oct 10, 2010

what a helpful answer

you got first prize
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.