Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I can't make my own server

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Trond, Oct 12, 2015

1. Jul 20, 2012
    The game runs as if it was a singleplayer game and not multiplayer.

[IMG]
  2. Feb 8, 2013
    Why are you doing all this just to get custom-colors?
  3. Jul 20, 2012
  4. Feb 8, 2013
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Jul 20, 2012
      Troll. Stop lying when you posted, so I obviously was on your radar.
    • Mar 29, 2015
      can this be deleted by a MOD please :smile:
      • Agree Agree x 1
        Oxazebam, Oct 13, 2015 Last edited by Oxazebam, Oct 13, 2015
      • Mar 29, 2015
        ohhh wait a min now im done being retarded i see u wanna make your own server? So after realizing what your actually trying to do here is your response from a mate who was nice enough to help :smile:

So when you hit exit you obviously see the option "create a server" This will NOT work for a Server as It host it through your computer. It'll run a server from your ISP, But with a 66 tick rate, No SSL Encryption, No given pipeline speed, No DL server to download maps from, Everything will have to be manually installed for people to join, And even then their ping will be absolute shitty to the point where the game becomes unstable and unplayable. This option is specifically and only for LAN parties.

The box you get that says "Do you wish to save the current game before exiting?" is just asking you if you'd like Source to remember the IP and Port # your running, That way you don't have to set it up fully again next time you "Create a Server" through that button, Chances are, Your DNS will change your IP in about a month, And when that happens, Source will notice the IP has changed and it'll ask you if you'd like to save again.

If you want a server, Find a online RENTED server that has a FastDL connection, SSL Encryption, DDoS Protection, 2 Gig Pipeline (At Least), 100 tick rate

Hope that helps you a bit more and gives you a little bit of a idea :smile:
        Lee -- [pF] President Oxazebam
        • Informative Informative x 1
          Oxazebam, Oct 13, 2015 Last edited by Oxazebam, Oct 13, 2015
        • Jul 20, 2012
          It had either to do with sv_lan or/and sv_pure. I happened after I had tampered with those. 'Cause it is gone now.
          Post Merged, Oct 13, 2015
          No, I just run the "create server" within the game to test maps and stuff.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jun 17, 2014
          • Feb 27, 2012
            First off, counter strike shouldn't be asking you to save your game. Something else is wrong here.
          • Jun 17, 2014
            Enter password, push enter. Sit back and let it fix itself.

Then ask @Bapple to sing you a good night song.
            • Informative Informative x 2
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
            • Jun 17, 2014
              You're shit outta luck! Broke my guitar strings earlier :frown:
              • Funny Funny x 1