Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I can't play my demo help pls

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Black Crowned Crane, Oct 24, 2014

1. Jun 24, 2014
    So I can't play my demo for some reason and when I try to play it.

It says this:

[IMG]

Anyone help?

Here are the specs to my .dem

[IMG]

Cause the icon didn't have the paper within the paper. It looked like this [IMG] before
  2. Jan 13, 2010
    What are you trying to replay it with? If it's anything outside of game I think it's because you need to change the format from .dem to something else.
  3. Feb 27, 2012
  4. Jul 14, 2010
    The demo is probably corrupt. Not sure if you can do anything about it..
  5. Aug 11, 2013
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      From what i've read, the demo is either corrupt, or the map that the demo was recorded on is either different from the one you recorded on, is corrupt, or is missing. Try re-downloading the map. Otherwise, the demo is corrupt (it's under 1MB, so that's a really short demo)
    • Nov 11, 2011
      You closed the game without stopping recording. This causes corrupt demos almost always.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      It's not corrupt. I recorded it on mg mario party last night. I opened the demo with something else by accident (to windows movie player) and I can't revert it back to it's original file program thing
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Are you launching CS:S and using console to play the demo (play goldust)? Filetype associations shouldn't matter in this case. If they do for some bizarre reason unbeknownst to me, set the .dem to be opened with hl2.exe (Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\hl2.exe), then try to play the demo again via console.
    • Jun 24, 2014
      ok nvm. i handled the problem now. I guess. I just delted my css folder and redownloaded everythiung. Now i just need to install maps.
      • Funny Funny x 1