Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I can't run! :[

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Aprz, Sep 15, 2013

1. Mar 26, 2012
    I wish I could record stuff like this and put it on Youtube. I dunno how.

If the attached demo doesn't work, you can download it at a significantly slower speed here.

Every once in awhile, I can't run that fast for some reason. Everybody will be passing me up, and of course I'll get killed by the zombie.

First, Joshy thought this was funny cause Terabyte failed to kill me.

Second, Joshy believes that this is because of a feature on Windows 7 called sticky keys. He was saying that when I hit shift 5 times, or something like that, it'll think I want to hold the shift button down, and it'll hold it down for me (even though the key is not physically down). I guess when you hold shift, or something like that, it makes you walk in game (velocity of 130 instead of 250). Good theory! So I disabled that feature.

By the way, to disable sticky keys and shift, go to control panel > ease of access center > make the keyboard easier to use > setup sticky keys > uncheck turn on sticky keys when shift is press five times

Hope this gives you guys a good laugh, and for those of you who capitalize names, the beginning of your sentences, I, etc. while playing CS:S, this will prevent you from having the same problem as me.

Attached Files:

2. Dec 6, 2011

Could be a lag, did you ever check that? I noticed people with a bad connection usually run slower.
  3. Mar 26, 2012

Nah, I am pretty sure Joshy is correct about sticky keys. Joshy and I experience lag frequently, high ping, etc. This doesn't feel like lag. The sticky key thing he mentioned seems like the most likely thing since I do use uppercase when I am typing in game, sticky keys was on, and velocity is walking speed 130 (same as holding shift).
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    Did you try testing it with Sticky Keys disabled?
  5. Jun 11, 2012
  6. Mar 14, 2013
    Aprz did you know that under certain conditions your running speed can be affected because your hardwares performance cant handle the pressure. Keep in mind that the influx of players can lag your pc up = slow char movent on your end. <3 [IMG][IMG]