Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I can't stop coughing

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Clam Chowder, Feb 20, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 29, 2010
    A cold rolled around, and I've been sick for the past 4-5 weeks. I've been waking up in the middle of the night to myself coughing so much that I'm on the brink of vomiting. I need some sort of home remedy that'll help. I don't like taking medicine, (Trying my best to stay away from chems) It's actually kind of annoying, because when I'm coughing, it's just a dry cough.

I know you're not doctors and would probably direct me to google, but I wanna see what you guys do for coughs
  2. May 27, 2008

Sometimes though there's no other option than modern medicine to help combat it.
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    Clam you ever heard of a plant called lemon grass? If you haven't try and find some mainly sold at mexican stores. Get some lemon grass place it in a pot with water and take a whole lime and cut that into 4 pieces. Place all 4 pieces in the pot with the lemon grass and water. Let it sit there till it boils on the stove and then put some in a cup. If you don't like the taste of it you can add sugar or honey to it. Should help you with the coughing and being sick. I use it all the time I get sick with a cold and bad coughs.
  4. Jul 23, 2010
    Semen. No joke. It coats the throat for hours.
  5. Aug 13, 2010

1,) Delsym
    2.) tylenol
    3.) Pay me 50 dollars. For telling you this paypal. THANKS :grin:
  6. Nov 29, 2010
    I think Matt's solution is the best one I can refer to at the moment since stores are closed now. Thanks Guys
  7. May 27, 2008
  8. Jul 20, 2010
    If not try the lemon grass tea. It works like a charm. Matt probably knows what I'm talking about.
  9. Nov 29, 2010
    I'd love to use lemon grass, but we burned through the last of it when we made curry for dinner =/
  10. Jul 20, 2010
  11. May 27, 2008
    Yeah I actually do but I couldn't think of what else to do lol.
  12. Nov 29, 2010
    Alright, warm milk and one teaspoon of honey. Plus it's late, would be nice to end the day on a soft note.

Thanks mates
  13. Mar 13, 2010
  14. Feb 21, 2007
    Since I am a doctor. Maybe try taking tums or Rolaids.....sometimes heartburn can present with persistent cough, esp worse and night and first in AM
  15. Sep 6, 2010
    Try using Menthol Camphor Ointment (rub it on the chest). As well as inhalations (hot steam water vapor + optional menthol). Works for me :thumbsup:
  16. Jan 12, 2011
    Rets, why are you bumping 3-week-old threads?..... Bet Peter will rage at this too :grin: :grin:
  17. Feb 21, 2007
    ugh why did it show up as new today lol. :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.