Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I have an idea to promote the servers

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Voldemort, Sep 18, 2011

1. Apr 6, 2011
    Well I have been talking to Reaper about this idea I had to promote the servers but I think it is more based off what everyone thinks mostly Ray. I was thinking that maybe we could do a 2-3 hour event. The event would be based off the most kills on that server without breaking any of the server rules.. As a reward I was thinking maybe a weekend of donator to promote the donator abilities. This could bring more people to the servers and maybe increase the donators also.. I want others opinions on this idea because honestly I don't want to sound like an moron here. Any feed back would be nice.
  2. May 20, 2011
    Me likey. Up to the higherups to decide.
  3. Jan 5, 2007
    I don't see a reason why it couldn't work to be honest. We've had events in the past where the prize has been computer hardware or a game.
  4. Apr 6, 2011
    The only thing that I was trying to figure out is if it would have be based off each server more than likely it would and yes the admins would have to pay a lot of attention to the players this would be one time it would be hard for an admin to actually play I have no problem being in spec and watching people for 3 hours.
  5. May 15, 2011
    Will the server be password protected during the contest to ensure no trolls enter and mess it up?

How will the events be advertised?

How will you communicate with the patrons?

How will the patrons know when the competitions are?

I like the idea, but it will take A LOT of co-operation and planning ahead, no?
  6. Jan 5, 2007
    For previous events, it all just took place on the normal servers if I recall correctly. Simply made a news item about it on the site in advance to let everyone know the date, and then when it came time it was taken care of. As far as I know they didn't really take a whole lot of effort to operate, so you might just be overthinking things.
  7. May 15, 2011
    Ok then.

I like the idea.

It will especially help GG since it's pretty much dead half the time.

And ya, I'm probably over thinking it.
  8. Apr 6, 2011
    Well I was thinking of we do a group promo and set up a date and time to do the event say like a week of promoting the event. I don't think the servers should be password protected it is an event for the players so all the players should have the ability to enter the servers. Also if you have admins letting people in server know about the event for that week it should also have people knowing the event time and date. If you make sure to send notes out in the server every half hour that should let everyone know or even every hour. Also have something on the forums letting everyone know when the event is going to be held. I am open for more ideas on top of my own.
  9. Sep 6, 2010
    Oh, that's a great idea. I was actually thinking about a similar contest but the ranking system is down, making it hard to calculate the scores. Have to set the date and time, register all the played who will compete, which server, how many and which maps will be used to play on and somehow count the scores (can actually get some admins to count the scores on each map). Reward - 1st place a month of admin, 2nd - month of donator. Just some ideas.
  10. Apr 6, 2011
    I was trying to start slow on the timing of being donator to increase the wanting to buy it from the server instead of giving it up for a long time. I don't think giving admin for an event is really a good idea some people would abuse it.
  11. Sep 6, 2010
    Yeah, maybe the prize could be a certain game on steam or an amount to buy anything on steam instead of admin. Although, I think it wouldn't hurt since admins are still monitored and if abused actions are taken immediately.
  12. Apr 6, 2011
    What I was looking at was increasing the server numbers and increasing the plague fest donators. I can see making the time longer but to increase the amount of players and the donators I thought this would kinda like a teaser to what they could have with donator. Maybe make it a week for the person with the first place and the weekend for the one in second place but really it is up to all the higher ups to decide.
  13. Sep 6, 2010
    Yeah, good idea. It would be nice if admins can participate too but then. The time I'm thinking should be 1-2 hours because somebody will get tired of monitoring the event and counting up the scores :smile:
  14. Dec 17, 2010

It wouldn't be that bad to host an event, you can just start with an announcement. You should be able to it while in disguise, just work around the players for the 2-3hrs that this event will be hosted.
  15. Apr 6, 2011
    well we could always have a few admins that are willing to stay on for that time period of course the admins wouldn't be in the event because well we are admins our job is to keep the servers up and going and we don't want the players to think that an admin won because they are an admin. I just feel it is fair for us to do our job and make it so the players get something for taking the time to come to our servers and if you increase the players to each server and the event might pull some of their friends from steam to the event too.
  16. Jun 4, 2006
    We can always have some admin-only based competitions in the future with who knows what as the prize. Can't forget about our lovely team. :wub:
  17. Apr 6, 2011
    I would never forget about the team but is that a I like the idea post Brian.
  18. Jan 5, 2007
    Whoever can hand out the most bans wins?:tard:
  19. Apr 6, 2011
    But I never really have to ban people they like me too much to agrue
  20. Jan 27, 2011
    I would win every time :starwars: