Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I need help with mapping.

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by chickenfoot, Jan 11, 2014

1. Oct 8, 2013
    It would be great if someone could get on Teamview and steam voice chat with me and try to help me with displacements and making a windy road. I've already watched youtube tutorials... didnt help. Thanks
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    Motanum's displacement guide is really helpful, even if you suck at listening
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Feel free to add me on steam, i should be able to help out with mapping related questions in general.
      I don't have teamviewer installed though.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I was able to help him out with a little over Teamview and then showed him an example over Twitch.tv

Taught him to make them ^2 displacements, use blend textures for cliffs, only select sides you want to be a displacement, if you want large cliffs on a smaller scale, use multiple ^2 displacement brushes, paint the geometry to make them all pointy and whatnot, then smooth them, then lastly Sew and Paint the alpha of the rock/cliff were the last two things.
        • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Put displacements everywhere, power of 4, make them clip all over the place, nodraw them and make them all func_detail. That should help your problems. :thumbsup:
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • Feb 24, 2011
            You wouldn't happen to be satan.. would you?
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              @Motanum Where are you? I totally forgot you existed.

Oh, and yeah, try to keep your displacement powers low.

P.S. Luffaren has Teamviewer, don't trust him. The cake is a lie.
            • Apr 9, 2012
              Motanum is fine but I think he left ze a long time ago. I'm working with him on a mod for Portal 2 that will feature new voicecastinmg a piantgun (one that spray the gel out of the gun) and new levels with progressive storyline! Also there's a completelynew portal gun.

I'm in charge of the portalgun exporting issues and texturing. The model was made by someone else as well.

I can't find the good god damn link on this shitty laptop so I can't currently show it to you, but Motanum is certainly not gone xD he's just busy with what seems to be an amazing new Portal 2 mod!
              • Like Like x 1
              • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
              • Nov 11, 2011
                lol Nice, I fucking love the Portal series. I'll be the first to check it out. ;D