Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I need some help with a server command

Discussion in Help Desk started by Luffaren, Oct 17, 2011

1. Feb 24, 2011
    As some of you may know i'm working on a new ze map which is secret for the moment, however i was planning on making a devroom (pretty much like the one in predator) which only i and players using noclip could get access to. But it's pretty hard to create a system that'll only let me get access and i'm pretty sure that some people will eventually find out how to exploit it, i need something foolproof.

So i was thinking about a possible sourcemod/mani command that would teleport a specific STEAMID at every round start (i'd love commands for both sm and mani).
    I've recently been testing possible commands along with some admins without any results whatsoever, so i'm now asking you for help.
    Anyone got some possible solution for this? Please answer if you think so.

There are 2 reasons why i want this..

#1: Just in case something bad happens or if we crashed and went back all the way to stage 1, no admins being able to teleport online etc. I will ofcourse make a vote before doing something hasty.

#2: (probably the main reason) I'm going to put some characters and weapons up there for me to pick at every round start >=)
    I think i atleast deserve that privilege as the mapper :razz:

I tested a couple of new theories on pF's testserver yesterday, made possible by Retslag. Still without any results.
    Altough i'm on to something pretty interesting which might even help in different mapping situations, it's called Eventscript.
    I just started using it and it's pretty similar to some programming languages, so i'm not all lost while using it.
    If i manage to create such a system the more serious problem would be to pakrat it all.
  2. Jul 4, 2011
    I like your intentions. :laugh: I don't know much about sourcemod/mani, but I'm sure it's doable if you can teleport a player to specific coordinates.
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    make a multi-unlock trigger. if its too complex nobody will take the time to try and figure it out.

use a fire_once trigger definition on all the triggers and a 3 second door.
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    "if its too complex nobody will take the time to try and figure it out", oh yes they will. He doesn't want the possibility of someone else being able to do it other than himself.
  5. Feb 24, 2011
    That would most likely be discovered after a shorter while :/
    I need something foolproof which makes it impossible for anyone else than me getting into that room (the admins will still be able to noclip ofc)
  6. Jul 23, 2010
    Using no-clip in this situation would actually be admin abuse unfortunately.
  7. Jul 4, 2011
    What he wants is a possible server command that would transport him to the room at the start of each round. Noclipping into an admin room to set difficulty or whatever just because they want to would of course be admin abuse. Being the mapper, he can do whatever the hell he wants. :tongue:
  8. Jan 21, 2011
    Not necessarily.
  9. Jul 23, 2010
    So, admins using no-clip to get to a secret room to gain advantage over non-admin players is not admin abuse?

I see the purpose for him, just not anyone else.

Please. Explain.
  10. Jul 4, 2011
    Just because there is an admin room doesn't mean admins no-clip there every round. He was just stating the fact that it is possible if needed, as with many other maps (predator, mako reactor).
  11. Jan 21, 2011
    The admin rooms are created because ZE crashes a fair amount due to the epicness of some of the maps. Many of those maps have levels that you progress through. Minas, for example, has 4 regular levels before you get to hard mode. If you're playing and beat the third level, but the server crashes at the beginning of the fourth, an admin can go to the room and change the level so you can pick up close to where you left off.
  12. Mar 16, 2008
    I've looked into this before, no one has been able to figure it out that I know of.
  13. Jan 21, 2011
    If theres a way to saveloc based on coordinates, I think that will help.
  14. Feb 24, 2011

As already said this doesn't need to be admin abuse, the devroom in maps like Mako, Predator and Minas are pretty much made for admins to enter in case something would go wrong.
    For an example, if the physics gets bugged you can press a button to crash the server (this button only exists in Minas so far), forcing a restart. Otherwise a root/server manager would need to restart it manually. There are also buttons that changes the stage. (in case of a server crash and the players want to pick up where they left off)

As for the pickable items/characters i'll have to say stop, in case an admin noclips there for the sole purpose of getting an item. The main idea is to give me the possibility of picking the characters first hand. This is mostly in case we fail too much due to users who fails too much, otherwise i'll try to keep my hands off them as much as possible :razz:
    As the mapper himself, i'd like the map to be played fairly and let the players have a good time.
    I hope that enlightened you about everything.