Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I need the perfect keyboard, the perfect headset, and the perfect laptop

Discussion in Help Desk started by Conker, Aug 14, 2011

1. Mar 31, 2010
    I've been looking around for quite a while for all sorts of shits, but I keep reading so much neg feedback when it comes to peripherals and it's starting to DRIVE ME INSANE.

In the headset's department, I've been reading all about the G35, G930, PX5, A40, AX PRO, HD 598 (with clip-on), etc.
    I need yoooo opinion: WHICH IS THE BEST HEADSET THAT WON'T BREAK ON ME, OR LEAK ON ME, OR FUCKING TAKE A DUMP ON ME FOR A GOOD WHILE?!?!?!?!!!?!??!!?!

In the keyboard's department: I've been reading all about the DAS, MEKA G1, BW ULTIMATE, etc.
    Which is the best keyboard and why? I need something that won't break on me when I rage, something that feels sexy, comfy, and fucking jizzable for when I watch my pr0n...

Now, as for laptops. I've been hearing a lot of good shit on the G74SX-A1. Now, is it all hype or is it fo' realz? I'm hoping the 3de could come out ASAP so that would trump the A1 (in my eyes 3d is bettahh). Now, I've heard comparisons that the G74SX-A1 is as good as a 700$ desktop. I don't wanna get a laptop that's not gonna be able to run SKYRIM or BATTLEFIELD 3 or even fcking Counter Strike 2 (coming out next year) at ANY LESS than MAX settings... If I were to invest 2k on a fcking laptop, it better be fcking worth it. So, will the G74SX-A1/3DE be beast enough to run soon-coming games at MAX settings? Also, do YOU think it's worth the price (if you start comparing this to Alienware, I don't want to listen - since the whole world knows Alienware sucks balls, esp at its ridic. price)? Last but not least, when the fuck is the 3de version supposed to come out?

Thanks!
  2. Jul 14, 2011
    Turtlebeach headsets are the way to go. They are durable and have great sound quality. I've had one and it last me a very long time. Only thing is that some of the models can be very expensive.
  3. Mar 31, 2010
    See, most people have advised me that Turtle Beach break easily. I have even verified on other forums and amazon customer ratings, etc. I have been hearing that turtle beach are among the weakest in durability, and then some others claiming them being among the best.... GARHSUHTIJGDHG! :@
  4. Jun 23, 2010
    Keyboard: Das, Cherry or Ducky Mechanical Keyboard.
  5. Jun 22, 2011
    Honestly its all in how you treat your equipment.. if you beat it up or have a lot of "accidents" stuff wont last as long. Especially headsets since your constantly putting them on and taking them off..

I just bought a cheap ass pair of HP USB stereo headset from walmart.. comfortable to wear, serves my needs, mic quality isnt super high but works and if they do end up breaking from any sort of reason be accident or just falling apart which they havent after a year so far im not out a crap ton of money nor will it be a big inconvienence to buy a new pair.

As for a keyboard, i'd recommend a logitech G series.. I hear the G19 is pretty nice, i have the older G15 but you probably can find a more up to date one. (and I dont have the gay orange style, i have the cool blue style when they first started making them)

I cant say much about the perfect laptop, if your doing it for gaming get a desktop.. if not then dont spend a fortune on a laptop. Alienware will bleed your bank account dry.
  6. Nov 26, 2010
    In terms of keyboards I hear the G15s are the gold standard (i personally dont know).

I tried the G35 headsets but are not easily configurable to my Vista machine. I went for Plantronics Gamecon headset and they have withstood my day to day beatings and the quality is pretty good. I would repurchase these headsets if I had too.
  7. Jul 14, 2011
  8. Mar 31, 2010
    Well, err, I need a laptop since I'll be out of town lots... And I'd like to bring my games with me...
  9. Jul 14, 2011
    I currently am using an HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC with an AMD Phenom II N850 Triple-Core Processor 2.20 GHz.
    It gets the job done and is decent for most games but not the best. This is why, I too am looking/building my next computer.
  10. Feb 20, 2011

My current laptops rating, part of me regrets buying it, I'd love to have a desktop, but I want my machine to be portable, much better than this laptop and they start to get expensive.

[IMG]

As for getting a mouse, I use the Microsoft Sidewinder X8 and I love it, would recommend.

11. Jul 14, 2011
    You have a much better rating than I do. Haha
  12. Oct 22, 2007
    G35 owner and it is nice as hell!!! Own and like my g15 keyboard and new 500 series one they have out. Hell I won't leave my g5 mouse! They have some great gaming stuff.
  13. May 27, 2008
    Headset: Turtle Beach x11. These are the ones that I've used for a year and nothing has happened to them. Anything by Logitech that's G-Series.

Keyboard: Logitech G-Series keyboards are amazing. There is nothing else that tops them.

I don't know about laptops though. So I can't answer that.
  14. Jul 14, 2011
    :thumbsup:
  15. Oct 27, 2010
    For a headset I have the Sennheiser PC360. They sound great (They'll sound comparable to the HD 598's; but don't expect HD 650's), the mic is really good, and they are super comfortable. I've worn them for 12 hours straight with no issue. They're open air headphones so your ears never get hot and you can hear someone talk to you when you have them on (That's not to say that moderately loud music won't drown everything out.) They're super durable, you would have to try really hard to break them (I drop them all the time) You can get them for like $180 now.

As for a keyboard I like a mechanical one personally but I use that solar powered one from Logitech :razz:
  16. Oct 29, 2010
    Invest a laptop cooling fan as well. You really don't want your machine to be fried into a colossal paperweight. . .

EDIT: external cooling pad. oops.
  17. Jul 14, 2011
    Yeah, unfortunately I cannot add that to mine since everything is integrated. So whenever I play games, my laptop get really hot on the left side.

Edit: Unless you are speaking external.
  18. Oct 29, 2010
    Christ, I meant external cooling fan pad or something of that sort. . . . I'm braindead today. D:

I meant, something like this:
  19. Jul 14, 2011
    Yeah that would definitely be useful.
  20. Oct 29, 2010

Yea. I really need it for my frying pan. . .er, laptop. -__-