Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I need your help deciding which snake to get.

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Billy The Mutilator, Mar 17, 2013

Which One?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2013.
Western Hognose 3 vote(s) 42.9%
Spider Ball Python 4 vote(s) 57.1%
  1. Jun 26, 2010

Pros:

-Doesn't need a big tank
    -stays small
    -looks like a baby rattlesnake (badass as fuck)
    -cost of food isnt as much considering it doesnt eat that big of prey
    -costs about $60-$80 for the breed I want (fairly cheap in the herpetology world)

Cons:
    -rear fanged venomous. Pretty much has to gnaw on my hand for 2 minutes straight for venom to be
    injected, but still, may get a lucky shot then my hand is a balloon for 3 days
    -can be held without temperment, but not nearly as much as a Ball python
    -not many people own them so if it needs medical attention i will have to perform it myself, which includes giving it shots

Ball python

Pros

-very friendly, can be held pretty much anytime other than 2-3 days after it eats
    -most popular pet snake around, so it is very easy to find out what is wrong/how to fix if any medical problems should arise
    -can get a regular ball python for around $30-$50, although i want to get a specific type which would cost around 100-150, but if it
    comes down to it i'm fine with getting a regular.
    -if i buy another one they are easy to breed and have have large clutches, which means $$$ in my pocket.

Cons:

-Needs a large cage when it gets older
    -Eats rats as an adult, which cost more money

2. Dec 6, 2011
    Ball Python; nobody fucks with a person that has a snake that swallows rats whole.
  3. Jun 26, 2010
    nobody fucks with somebody that has what looks like a rattlesnake in their hand either.
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    ball python until you can afford to get the other one, Breed and sell the clutch, learn how to do western hognose medical while still breeding. Dollars in the pocket.
  5. May 14, 2011
  6. Aug 10, 2012
  7. Jun 26, 2010
    thats actually a good idea. spider + regular = ~ 4 regs 4 spiders per clutch.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 18, 2011
    • Jun 26, 2010
      Please don't infect my threads with your chromosomes.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      being someone that has owned a ball python for 12 years I'd say get the spider ball python. Super easy to care for and are very friendly
    • Feb 18, 2011
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Live in New York, the Mayor would probably pay you to get rid of their rodent infestation.
    • Jun 26, 2010
      It would also be a good way to give my snake diseases.
      Post Merged, Mar 17, 2013
      any specific morph, or a regular?
    • Jan 14, 2013
      Acquire Ball Python
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Just a regular. I'd suggest to get a morph since they are a lot more unique
    • Jun 26, 2010
      I'd ultimately like to get a Killer Queen, but unfortunately i am not in a position to pay $5,000 for a snake.

[IMG]
    • Apr 14, 2011
    • Jun 26, 2010
      not very interested in them. I though about a corn snake but i would rather have a ball.
    • Mar 4, 2012

[IMG]