Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I Wanna Be Involved

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Captain Hawk, Dec 16, 2012

1. Dec 9, 2012
    I Wanna start making map's and become a Mapper so if anyone wants to help me make a map or ill Gladly join in on making a map!
  2. May 15, 2011
    Most mappers (Except the very angry Sajak) are or will be glad to help you. If you want, add me, I might not be on all the time or may be busy, but when I can I would be glad to help, provided you have Team Viewer.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Dec 9, 2012
      Ok Cool And sajak can kick rocks its cool just add me for sure
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Apr 4, 2009
        Tater's is a good mapper ask about his water_battle map.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
        • Jan 12, 2012
          • Oct 17, 2011
            • Feb 24, 2011
              Hello there, glad to have another mapper aboard.
              Since you're new to this i suggest you learn the mere basics through these tutorials: http://www.tophattwaffle.com/tutorials/ (edit - eey, mario got it first)
              Start by making some test maps, make yourself comfortable within hammer itself, patience is the key.

Once you feel ready, go ahead and make whatever you feel like doing, ZE? ZM? MG? It's all up to you. Don't be too hard on yourself though, i'd suggest starting off with something simple.
              If you stumble upon any issue after you've gotten into the mapping basics, feel free to ask me/any other willing mappers for help and we'll surely help you out/give advice about the issue.
              I'll head off for now, getting some sleep.

Good luck and god speed.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Dec 9, 2012
              • Oct 17, 2011
                What I did was some stupid bullshit firstupfront a whole month and I started on my first zm firewater getting to know the basics of hammer. My suggestion is don't give up like I did for a while but keep trying and watch more videos. Zm is a good start. Good luck.
              • May 12, 2012

coverd his eyes fkk!!
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Dec 9, 2012

Yeah Im allways up for a chalenge

I Would Like to make a Zombie Map thats like lila panic but with a big Twist
                • Jun 18, 2012
                  If you don't know anything about hammer at this moment, I also suggest (besides tophatwaffle) this one: https://sites.google.com/site/renshdtutorials/home/general-hammer/beginner

I used it before I started mapping before the summer holidays and it gets you through the basics very well. There's only 1 or 2 things you'll be doing differently later on. If you watch/do all the tutorials you'll have your very own map to play in at the end. Actually if it wasn't for internship I probably would've finished the map I was working on by now.

The only thing the provided link doesn't teach you about is all that fancy stuff like pushing buttons and console commands etc. but then again, those aren't basics.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • May 15, 2011
                    Nice find. My only suggestion to add is use the nodraw texture when building, then use the face edit sheet to 'paint' brush faces.
                  • May 31, 2012

I am also interested in designing a map myself or participating in a project. I know nothing of how to do it so I am sure the websites posted earlier will be resourceful. Maybe I will get to join the ranks of the mappers in the future and be a part of what makes PF so great.
                  • Dec 9, 2012
                    Me and Joshy Could Work Together Possibly
                    • Like Like x 2
                    • Nov 11, 2011
                      If I'm not doing anything during the winter semester, I'll help you out Joshy. Just get to know some basics from TopHattWaffles site. Key is to experiment and have patience.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • May 31, 2012
                        Thanks guys! This'll be awesome. I'll start reading up :cool: they are videos! nice!!
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Dec 9, 2012
                          Joshy Im Looking at making a map with tons o secrets are u in?
                        • May 15, 2011

Fuck you kids and ur secrets. They piss people off, and their only fun for those that know them. Once they become well known, then no one cares and they're useless.
                          • Agree Agree x 6
                          • Funny Funny x 2
                          • Like Like x 1