Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion I want everyone to post before an illegal spot thread is locked.

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸, Sep 21, 2014

1. Oct 30, 2013
    So as stated before i think we have a real issue at hand of lsa's being the deicdeing factor of illegal spots. I think it should be much more than 5-7 people at most discussing a spot on a thread and an lsa decideing it to be illegal it should be tested by a vast majority of people and voted on by the players of the server and then IF it is within the guidelines of written rules than that should be the finale ruleing, Tony decides 90% of the illegal spots it shouldnt be like thatt if all lsa's and maybe some management gave there opinions based off of testing and players votes than that would be more of a fair system rather than the 5-7 people disscussing it and an lsa saying yes/no.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Feb 27, 2012

What do you think the point of the threads being open to the public is? I know Momo and I let the players voice their opinions on illegal spots and we take them into consideration. As far as i know Momo and I are the only Wiki editors (AKA the ones who decide what spots are illegal and which ones aren't)
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • May 31, 2012
        [IMG]
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Oct 30, 2013
          its a suggestion there is no example let me go more into depth. Like suppose we were to depate the cage on playtime (just example) there would be thread, numerous players vote on it after reviewing the rules and makeing sure it is within guidelines management and ALL lsa's voice there separate opinions. And then the server as a whole decides it to be illegal or not illegal not just tony or any other lsa (being its within guidelines of the rules)
          Post Merged, Sep 21, 2014
          My point is in the end you are the decideing factor of 90% of the threads and only 5-7 people disscusing the actual issue.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jul 20, 2010
            So it's our fault and Tony's fault that players aren't coming to the forums to discuss an illegal spot? Its on the forums for ANYONE to discuss about.
            • Agree Agree x 4
            • May 15, 2011
              As much as I like your thought process, what you want requires a lot of people and co-ordination, and as gamers, co-ordination, team work and general social interaction ain't our strong point. It's not that you don't have a decent idea, but it just isn't going to work realistically when you try to put it into practice.
            • Dec 27, 2012
              I fail to see what the problem is. Everyone and anyone is welcome to put their suggestions and opinions in said threads. We are deciding together, LSA's are the ones who ultimately make the spot illegal or keep it the way it has been.
            • Oct 30, 2013
              That is the point of a server wide community to disscus issues at hand and decide as a whole not one dictator saying yes or no.
            • May 31, 2012
              Nailed it.
            • Apr 9, 2007
              I'm not sure if you're intentionally being horrible or not.
              • zm_unpanic - Harvey didn't colour the edges.
              • zm_london - Consensus, even by yourself...
              • zm_endless - Either way, I haven't played it so I can't tell you. Points seemed to be you need to know map centric ways to get to them. If you can fall from the top it's misguided. If you have to jump from somewhere, or run across a ledge... it's a ledge.
              If you have an example I'd like to see it. Otherwise I'd appreciate it if you could stay out of this one.
            • Oct 30, 2013
              http://plaguefest.com/threads/zm_ocx_orly.19217/#post-269516
              here is an example 3 people discussed it boom illegal im not saying it shouldn't be but there was no server wide input into this. Not even management disscused it this is just an example it should be much more than a simple decision. In the end of this tony just decided illegal. I see no one got to test this besides maybe tony i see no players voiceing there opinions just it being dictated.
            • May 15, 2011
              In which this requires the community to actually stand up and talk, of which very few do compared to the number of players and forum goers we have.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jul 20, 2010
                There is no one dictator saying yes or no. I'm gonna break it down for you. Think of Tony and Momo as judges of a court. They look at the evidence that's been brought before them and look at all the different arguments, they get input and opinions from "lawyers" or "jury" and then rule on the case. This far from a dictatorship. If the other side never comes up and presents counter arguments then that is their fault for not coming forward and providing counter arguments.
                • Winner Winner x 3
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  There's no way that could ever be deemed to be legal, every 8th teleport you might be close enough.

The idea is sane, but it's not do-able nor practical. If you have an actual scenario without blowing smoke I'd like to see it. Otherwise... this is just drama.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • May 31, 2012
                    I'll stay out of it for my own safety within the community, and not because I am suggesting right or wrong.

There's a reason that is happening: I learned of an interesting concept called "conditioned reflex" by Pavlov: The community is conditioned to keep shut, hold back on their opinions, otherwise they will suffer the consequences. Evidence: Look at how Kyle reacted to my comments... and the other Lead Server Admins tend to do it too as we can easily see in the Illegal Spots forum (especially during the zm_Endless discussion). Voicing your opinion is viewed as a negative thing here, and Peter is swimming in dangerous waters.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Oct 18, 2013
                      More like the LSAs make all the decisions
                    • Oct 30, 2013
                      My point wasent of the spot being illegal non illegal its the amount of effort and community input put into it.
                    • Apr 9, 2007
                      You're failing to mention your history of manufacturing issues. You're not on his side here, you're on your own side trying to take over his thread. Poke Aprz.

At worst, if the same style of posting continues you might get a temporary warning, but that's only because you're hijacking.
                    • Oct 18, 2013
                      You guys locked every thread before we can even constribute