Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I want to make a new ZE map

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by ablanantanalba, May 28, 2011

1. Apr 13, 2011
    I've messed around with hammer before and believe that the ze server needs moar maps.

Here's my idea for a new map I will attempt to make (and give up the idea if I suck at it): D day escape.

Everybody will spawn at beached landing boats and proceed to run through a beach covered with those barricade x things. 2-3 lucky people will spawn at the top of the hill and will get to fire the cannons/machine guns. The first stage will have 2 items, bangalores and landmines.

During the first stage, humans will run to the barbed wire fence and hold out for it to open. If the bangalores were picked up, the door will open faster.

The next stage will involve climbing up a rocky path. There will be destructible overhangs which allow for strategic avalanches.

Finally, there will be a boss fight with hitler and then everybody runs to safety in a bunker.

This is all just an idea right now so let me hear your opinions/suggestions.
  2. Feb 12, 2011

I don't see how you can get that working. xD
  3. Apr 13, 2011
    I'll figure it out :smile:
    What do you think of the ideas?
  4. Apr 13, 2011
    here's a concept picture after spending a few mins in hammer.

What do you guys think?
  5. Apr 2, 2011
    D DAY!!!!! seriously, I think that the idea wouldn't do the soldiers justice and they would roll over in their graves at the sight of this... but beyond that, add more beach to the sides and water so it creates the whole landing effect... overall I like the idea, except the hitler part... lame
  6. Apr 13, 2011
    I haven't spent much time on it, believe me I will make it look beautiful, I was just wondering what the general consensus on the idea was and what stuff I should include.

The hitler as a boss was a joke ;P

Can you imagine playing in a full server and mowing zombies down from a bunker at the top of the hill? That's the kind of feel I'm going for with this map
  7. Apr 2, 2011
    There is a regular map kind of like that, I remember playing it a lot when I first started playing this game so many years ago...

Anyways, I like the idea, but instead of having the humans running to take over the bunkers and hills and stuff, have them start behind the bunkers are stuff (like the Wehrmacht did on D Day) and on the way the zombies start... then 2 stage is the beach defense, and then fall back to trenches, then to town, and then to hedgerows, where Panzers would be the rescue... what do you think?
  8. Apr 13, 2011
    I would love more than anything to let the humans defend the zombies and not have to run, but the problem is there will be many more humans than zombies right at the spawn. If I make it so only a few humans spawn on top of the hill and the rest have to climb it, there will be many more zombies and the lucky bastards who spawn at the top of the hill will have a fucking great time just shooting away.

Also, the way ZE is setup, I dont think I can make the humans spawn in a different place than the zombies.

Also, I'm thinking V2 rockets for rescue :razz:
    possibly a drivable tank
    landmines and cannons and craters that form on the ground.
    machine gun nests along the climb up

just general ww2 badassery
  9. Feb 12, 2011
    Just put a trigger teleport that activates 10 seconds after roundstart, and give humans the posibility to move abit further...
    So like, when the zombies spawn they'll get teleported into wherever you want.
    And then you can release the humans.
  10. Apr 13, 2011
    So, I could make everybody spawn on those iconic boats and have the doors closed until 10s after the round starts. The trigger would then teleport CT's ahead of the zombies after zombies spawn.
  11. Feb 12, 2011
    Basically yeah.
  12. Apr 2, 2011
    Thats a good idea... and when the zombies are unleashed they can charge out of the Higgins landing craft... it will be epic
  13. Apr 13, 2011
    do you have any music suggestions?

so far I was thinking something like this:

Also, I might make the boats actually move
  14. Feb 12, 2011
  15. Apr 13, 2011
    that song is simply... FUCKING AMAZING
  16. Apr 2, 2011
    Not for a WW2 ZE

Try Corruption By Two Steps from Hell, much more... well appropriate

17. Feb 12, 2011
    That song is nice, yes.

But honestly, it doesn't really matter if the music fits in the theme, aslong as it somewhat comes close the players will like it.
  18. Apr 2, 2011
    Granted, but perhaps a compromise could be reached... I mean we don't use stormtrooper skins because they don't fit the theme... so I think the music should follow similar guidelines... but at the same you are right
  19. Feb 20, 2011
    The Idea of holding zombies off the beach sounds simply epic.

Heres a few ideas which I think could be fun.

1. The first stage, the beach, sort of a Helms Deep rip off this idea, but the zombies could pick up a fuse, for the explosives set at the first line of defence, if the zombie with the fuse gets to them, the first line blows up, and Humans really should pull back to the 2nd line.

Would be epic if you included sounds from Saving Private Ryan, like when the zombies get close, it triggers Tom Hanks shouting "Bangalores!! Clear the Shingles!!"

3DG's song was rather epic. But if you could get this song somewhere in, perhaps at the end, during the last ditch struggle. That would be amazing.

The song really gets epic at 3:30 in, timing it so that the hardest point of the battling hits that point, I'd be in awe.
  20. Apr 2, 2011
    yet it doesn't seem fitting for a last stand, kind of hopelessness feeling when holding off an unending tide of zombies...

try this