Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I want to view the console

Discussion in Help Desk started by Chakurakid, Feb 13, 2011

1. Mar 13, 2010
    Anyone know how to pull logs for servers?
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Why do you want to view them? You can only get them through FTP and we're clearly not going to give FTP access to admins lol.
  3. Mar 13, 2010
    I dont even know why it would be bad to have ftp access. XD That's how illiterate I am at that. And it's so I could settle a bet with a friend of mine on GG on who killed the other person more. If I could do it my self, I was gonna. If not, it's not a big deal. I wont ask someone to go out of their way for it.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    We could provide read only logs for admins, we'd need an authentication method, though.
  5. Mar 16, 2008
    ftp access means you can break the entire server, We can give limited access but I would rather do what kyle said and create a method to go about this as I don't need all the admins knowing the ftp login for the admins assuming we change it once per month or week. I know someone would forget or it would be given out to someone we don't want having it.
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    lol not just break (or seriously fuck shit up), but completely delete all servers and files. ftp would never never never never ever never ever fucking ever be available to server admins. never. good god never ever. seriously never. i wouldn't even want them having access to just the logs dir, any asshat can come along and delete all the logs in one swoop. They would need extremely restricted access and privileges, and it's already highly unnecessary for them to even have access in the first place. i would shit myself scared if ftp was ever given out, i don't even want to think about it any more than i already have. :yucky:
  7. Apr 4, 2009
    Should scare you enough that I have access. :teehee:
  8. Dec 7, 2010
    Oh no!!! And I gave Ray ftp access to my servers! :razz:
  9. Jun 4, 2006
  10. Jun 26, 2010
    first time i have ever seen Brian scared. I like it. :thumbsup:
  11. Jan 5, 2007
    That reminds me... Where's my access?:tard:
  12. Nov 30, 2010
    Here are my thoughts. While it would be nice to have FTP access, it is not needed. Any info that needs to be pulled can/has/will be pulled by the people already pulling it when it's needed. Even read access is not needed as it is more work for someone to set this up and to keep up with it. This is a nice to have not a need to have.
  13. Sep 5, 2010
    There is absolutely no reasons lower admins should have ftp access, especially if they don't even know why it could be bad.
  14. Mar 13, 2010
    Like I said. Didn't say I wanted or needed it. I didn't even know I would need it til someone said I would. I just wanted to settle a personal bet. XD
  15. Mar 16, 2008
    I've looked up logs before for people, if you need me to look something up, I will. I need to know the server and time of the incident though.
  16. Mar 13, 2010
    GG last night from 11:30pm - 12am EST. It's a wide time range and I'm just looking for total kills of myself by Aaron Stack vs. total kills of Aaron Stack by me. If that makes sense. We were trying to figure out who killed the other person more, he or I. That's all.
  17. Mar 16, 2008
    That's a waste of my time and doesn't help at all. I want to give access to logs even less now :/
    Have you heard of pressing "Tab" and looking at a scoreboard?
  18. Oct 29, 2010
    To be fair he definitely said he wasn't going to ask anyone to do it, and you did offer. :razz:
  19. Mar 16, 2008
    I assumed this topic was relating to a incident and he was wanting logs to show it.
  20. Oct 22, 2010