Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I want to view the console

Discussion in Help Desk started by Chakurakid, Feb 13, 2011

1. Oct 10, 2010
    we got bad experience with give out FTP acces.

2 times now we got the case they deleted fastdownload and server files,
    because they was mad about something

(good thing we had backups)

so, never never never ever give out ftp access
  2. Aug 18, 2006
    Of course not. FTP access is definitely out of the question. If anything we need a log system that outputs the server log to a web page.
  3. Mar 13, 2010
    Yes, I wasn't looking for total kills. I was looking for total times I killed HIM.

Nope, I said it twice. It was just a small personal thing and was wondering if we had access to the logs themselves. Didn't know what I'd need access to or if I already had access to the info, and didnt know it. Obviously I dont, and probably shouldn't have access to it until I learn about FTP whatsits.

That'd be pretty awesome. Give it a function to be able to queue up a specific log between a certain time frame and date. Even if it was a simple blank page with the parameters we could search by and then an output page with the info requested on it. That would work perfectly. Just my 2 cents. I dont know how easy/hard that would be to do as I know nothing about this, but if it could be done, it would save time and make it easier for people to pull logs when others accuse them of shit on the forums, and their 'proof' is something they copy and pasted from chat.
  4. Mar 26, 2009
    I don't see a problem in giving someone FTP access. You can create another user account for server admins with limited read-only access to only specified folders (the logs folder in this case) so it's impossible for them to damage anything. Giving out the root account is indeed stupid and should never be done.
  5. Mar 13, 2010
    I understand why they dont want to though. If someone buys admin, drops it after the first month and for some reason he falls through the cracks, it's a pain to track that down and manage it. It'd be easier (in the long run) to follow my suggestion. Then you can't screw anything up other than someone just knowing the website where you can queue for server logs.