Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I went kayaking through a flooded forest

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Grape, May 11, 2014

1. Oct 24, 2013
    Here are some cool pictures. I hooked it up a 6 pack of beer, 3 lefties, a mini sound system and 2 giant citronella candles mounted on each side that kept me bug free. When it was dark I looked like Death in his boat crossing the river from that one old movie. I saw some spiders that were like 4 inches wide that you could actually hear scurry up the tree like squirrels lol.
    Post Merged, May 11, 2014
    There's a few more too.
    Post Merged, May 11, 2014
    The last of them.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Cool pics and awesome dog! He looks like a Labrador, those are the friendliest dogs around.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Mar 29, 2012
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Oct 24, 2013
          Yeh I don't think I've ever met a dog nicer or more patient then he is. He's so incredibly smart. I can tell him to go potty and he goes outside and does his thing.
          He loves just sitting in there and watching everything.
          No it's actual forest that just got flooded out on the banks of the river. It'll be back down in a few weeks or so. There has been a lot of rain.
        • Feb 21, 2007
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Feb 13, 2014
            Super cool pics @Grape. Looks like you had fun! :smile:
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Jun 4, 2012
              • May 31, 2012
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Oct 24, 2013
                  I have a house off a river called the Santa Fe around the Gainesville area of Florida. The river has been way up so I've been trying to kayak deep into the forest as far as I can.
                  By the time I got to this mini island covered in giant yellow flowers that I saw last time, it was too dark. I literally could have gotten lost in the forest, but in a kayak lol.
                  I had to make sure I could see the main river or else I might end up going a few acres back.
                  The only reason I turned back though was because I couldn't see well enough to make sure I didn't end up with a water moccasin in my boat.
                  They have a tendency to drop into boats and act aggressive. I wasn't too afraid of alligators but the snakes will fuck with you so I brought my new toy :wink:

I forgot I had to float my comp across my front yard to get it into the house lol.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
                  • Artistic Artistic x 1