Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I would just like for everyone to know..

Discussion in The No Count Section started by brownieapple, Jul 18, 2012

1. Jan 10, 2009
    that i AM still alive. my neighbors who "allow" me to use their internet internets been down for the last month or so. and it is back up but very touch and go. i just wanted everyone to know i havent left the community. i am looking into getting my own internet connection because beings in school and having a shitty connection is a no go..

other than that hi everyone!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Well glad to see you won't be illegally using your neighbors connection anymore. I hate people who take advantage of people who don't fully understand technology.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jul 28, 2011
      • Feb 14, 2012
        Welcome back. That aside you deserve to have your legs broke for that shit.
      • Jan 10, 2009
        though it may have been "illegal" they unknowingly helped me through a year of college. that and i haven't been financially stable enough to afford my own or else i would have done this a loooong time ago.

this isn't a bash me for what i had to do to no fail college thread. i'm sad i had to take advantage of others but it was something that needed to be done. just wanted to let you guys know i didnt dissapear.
      • Mar 12, 2008

FUCK i accidentally my tag.

It's good to see you're up and around again BA. Now you don't have to worry about spotty internet!
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Well, now that you have said that... I can understand your position. I just thought you were freeloading when you had the means to purchase your own internet connection. If it was me in your case, I'd go over to their place, let them know that they have a security issue, and then explain to them that you would like to use it for educational purposes (and ofcourse, fix it for them). I'm fairly certain they would understand to some extent. In any case, glad to see you're doing well in college!
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
        • May 15, 2011
          Hai Brownie. Glad to see you're still around. ^^
        • Mar 16, 2008
          • Jan 10, 2009
            nono if i had the means i would/will pay for my own. i'm still borrowing theirs as of now until i can get my finances straight.

as far as explaining to them their security issue i would rather not to be honest. i picked them specifically because they are a rather vial group of people. their children have vandalized the neighborhood several times and the parents would have likely been with them helping them out. i honestly don't feel bad for borrowing it. yes i realize i am sort of on their level for using it but eh. it is a long story.
            • Like Like x 2
            • Feb 14, 2012

1) They're morons for not securing their WiFi like they should.

2) You should at least offer to compensate them for the time you borrowed on their network now that you're through school.
            • Nov 11, 2011
              Well there is actually a law that requires all wifi networks to be secured otherwise you get fined. They don't really enforce it though.
            • Apr 7, 2012
              Karma is a bitch, the day your nerd ass get robbed I will laugh You are a fucking thief. Try to justify it anyway you want you are scum.
            • Nov 11, 2011
              If a homeless guy robs me for my food because he is hungry... I won't hold it against him. He shouldn't be hungry in the first place, it's our obligation to help him out.
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Feb 14, 2012
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Like Like x 1
                • Apr 7, 2012

Some nerd tries to steal my wifi and see what happens

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm9o3vhKoF8
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  Your analogy doesn't make sense... that was a cafe... wired with ethernet cables...and... you know what. Whatever. You win. :thumbsup:
                • Apr 7, 2012
                • May 14, 2011
                • Jul 28, 2011
                  I hope I'm that awesome when I'm 71 years old
                  • Agree Agree x 1