Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ideas for multigame maps

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by ColdZero, Jun 15, 2013

1. Jul 17, 2012
    I am currently working on a multigame map for CSS. I already have a bunch of games but there is still room for some more.

If anyone of you has NEW ideas for fun games it would be great if you could share your thoughts. My creativity reached it's limit for today. :cute:
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    I always thought a minigame map based off of Bramble's Blast from DKC2 would be awesome if you could successfully pull it off. I never had any success with it, though.
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 27, 2012
    • May 18, 2012
      If you don't have it yet, surf, obstacle course and bhop!
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        1 thing: You can make a game named Face to Face and you have for example 10 different weapons (all random), and you are teleported to a big place when you fight with the weapons.

Its an idea for my multigames map too, but mine will have 55 games xD
      • Mar 30, 2013
        You stole the idea of Face to Face from Paranoid ?

55 minigames on your map ?! a little too much, if you see the size of mg_creative_multigame_v9 (the no sound version is less big) which have ~40 minigames, you will maybe reflect your choice
      • Feb 24, 2011
        This is some older multigame prefab i made back in the day for some pF multigame although the map itself never happened, welp: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13123326/pf_multigame_luffaren.rar

It's one of those minigames where you avoid blocks coming at you, but with different levels, randomized block spawning and randomized power-ups (death block, speed buff block, hp block, low grav block and the "clear all" block which removes ALL the blocks for an instant).

[IMG]

Feel entirely free to use the prefab i linked up above, just as long as i get some form of credit for that room/game. A readme is included with instructions and general info.
        It's all up to you though, you could always make your own take on it with your own features/improvements/tweaks, or just ignore the idea completely. I'm just suggesting. :wink:
        • Like Like x 1
        • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
        • Apr 9, 2012
          55 games... Well good luck with that, though it sounds impossible to achieve
        • May 14, 2011
          If you use small amounts of textures and made simple games then it is possible.

mg_100traps is an example of it.
        • Jul 17, 2012
          Wow, i tried it out and i must say it's pretty fun, i'll definetly use this and credit you. I only thought about changeing the textures of the orange blocks if you are ok with it. :smile:
        • Feb 24, 2011
          Sure thing, not a biggie. Thanks for using it! :wink:
        • Apr 9, 2012
          also slide race and iceskate battle! Sorry I don't have any new ideas, but these modes (when done well) are always great to see in multigame maps. Surf gets skipped over far too often!
        • Feb 8, 2013
          Moltard: If I stoled the idea from PARANOID, its a big NO.

The game is more like a AWP map with many boxes blocking the vision, and you have 4 weapons in use (my choise is SG550, AWP, Scout, M249 and are all random and you can use only 1 per round). But if you have more ideas to the Face to Face mod, tell me in STEAM.

Joris: Its not so impossible, because the mg_creative_multigames_v9 has 44 but has many space to full (mg_lego_multigames_v2 have the games VERY NEAR to the spawn, and mine is basically the samem but with more space between them).
        • Jul 28, 2011
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he may have been talking about the file size of your map, not the build-able space available in hammer.
        • Mar 19, 2011
          via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jez3Z4rpsZ0

Maybe you could try to implement Sumo and Twisted System from this video, Fusion Frenzy was so fun to play. Again it might be possible to implement these minigames but it all comes down to execution and accounting for the number of players in the server. Well gl if you do decide to implement these and I will definitely have to give the map a try.
        • Jul 17, 2012
          This sumo thing looks pretty cool, i would love to try it out, but i never worked with things like parent a trigger_push to a player or a weapon. I'll try to get myself used to it, or someone has a few minutes to give me a intruduction how these things work. :smile: