Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ideas For New ZE Map?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by The Crowbar, Sep 19, 2014

1. Feb 22, 2014
    Hello everyone. I am not new to plaguefest, but I am new to the forums. I need some ideas for a ze map, and I want as much feedback as possible so I can make a map that is tailored to PF community players. The only type of map I have completed so far are gg maps, like 5-6 of them. I started one ze map (it was actually going to be harry potter, unrelated to the current one) but something happened to my computer around the time I was making it and I lost the files for it.

So far, all I have are basic map themes, but I would like to narrow it down to one idea. I would make a poll, but there are too many ideas. I could probably make a poll for it once we narrow it down to a handful of solid ideas.

Ideas:

- Mass Effect
    - Prometheus
    - some kind of horror game (like penumbra/amnesia, dead space, dead island, FEAR)
    - Surgeon Simulator (works like ze_toaster where you are in the object)
    - Alice In Wonderland
    - remake/reimagining of an old ze classic
    - LEGO themed movie/game
    - Wolfenstein The New Order
    - a board game turned into a ze themed map
    • Like Like x 2
    • Apr 3, 2013
      I had an idea once of several video game maps, but wanted to merge them all into one single map, with a minigame touch. However, that map was abandoned sometime ago. Perhaps you could do it?
    • May 17, 2014
      Maybe an Assassin's Creed map with a leap of faith.
    • Feb 25, 2014
    • Feb 22, 2014
      Yeah, what games? and can you go into detail about the "merging" idea. I don't want to misinterpret what you mean.

I've never played Assassin's Creed :/
      I know, I'm weird. lol
    • Apr 3, 2013
      You could make a map like ze_gameshow but video game themed levels or as a ze_random style.
      What games to choose is up to you.
    • Feb 22, 2014
      ooh gotcha. well then I would want specific game ideas, because I don't want to choose games that only I like, won't be fun for everyone else.
      any specifics in mind?
      Post Merged, Sep 19, 2014
      I definitely want to add some kind of mass effect level, seeing as I have llike 300 hours in each game :bashful:
    • Jul 20, 2012
      The theme doesn't necesserily make the map popular, but you already have lots of ideas yourself.

Copying a map from a popular game and convert it into a ZE map has worked before and been played many times.

And speaking of.. I have had this wish and request before, so if you can and would be interested, take something from World of Warcraft and make it into a map, maybe with boss fights :smile:
    • Feb 22, 2014
      Well, I am VERY good at recreating scenery and maps from other games that I have played, or even creating my own with just the theme of another game. I just think the more popular maps are ones with
      a tie-in to a well-known game or movie (LOTR, MAKO, etc)
      aaaand I have never played world of warcraft either...
      maybe I should put my steam game list on here so you guys can grab from that. lol
    • May 17, 2014
      Maybe you should just play the first one then all will be clear.
    • Feb 22, 2014
      lol all these suggestions I haven't played or seen

Which one is that? and I'll look into it, but not sure if I can buy it right now.
      Don't be afraid to add me if you want to discuss anything further!

and here is a list of games I own that I am willing to convert into maps:
      Alice: Madness Returns, Amnesia (all), Bioshock (all), Call of Duty (MW, BO), Dead Island (all), Dead Space (all), Deus Ex (all), FEAR (all), Half-Life (all), Jurassic Park, LEGO (hobbit, LOTR, HP, indiana jones), Mass Effect (all), Mirror's Edge, Outlast (all), Payday 2, Penumbra, (all), Portal (all), Quantum Conundrum, Surgeon Simulator, The Walking Dead (all), The Wolf Among Us, Wolfenstein New Order, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, Last of Us, Silent Hill (all), MGS4, Infamous (all).

as for movies, pretty much anything I have seen that would be easy to convert into multi-boss levels and enough scenery to not be boring, but not too much to overload the map. (examples: alice in wonderland, nightmare before christmas, die hard, 5th element, etc)
    • Feb 25, 2014
    • May 17, 2014
      It's just called Assassin's Creed. 3 years ago I got it for $12
    • Feb 22, 2014
      lol no. I'm a girl, so I didn't really grow up watching that kind of thing. sorry! :dontknow:
      alright. it was on page 2 of the steam store (at least I hope). there are too many!!
    • Feb 25, 2014
    • May 17, 2014
      Lol yes so far there are 8 Assassin's Creed games.
    • May 31, 2012
      The lack of surf maps disturb me. There are a lot of potential themes:

Tarzan/Jungle
      [IMG]

Dragon Ball Z/Clouds
      [IMG]

Great Wall of China Escape (you could put traps similar to a death run)
      [IMG]

Skateboarding/Tony Hawk maps (from the game) (This might be better for ZM though, depending on how you set it up)
      [IMG]

I've always wanted to make these maps, but I'm so busy and I never became proficient with using Hammer.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 22, 2014
        Great ideas! Though I do suck at surfing so I would probably make a terrible surf ze.
        and I tried doing a great wall map, but I am not very good at terrain or large backgrounds yet. so I'm hoping to do that somewhere down the road.
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Jul 20, 2012
          Bioshock Infinite is stunningly beautiful. But I don't know what part of the map(s) would make a cool transition to ZE.
        • Jan 5, 2014
          1) My Little Pony map with multiple stages and the main ponies being bosses
          2) Diablo map
          • Funny Funny x 1