Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

If I'm about to map for ZE, what songs should I include in it?

Discussion in The No Count Section started by iProbie, Mar 8, 2013

1. Apr 1, 2012
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    I have a WII since second week launch when it came out. I have a copy of both Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 that I never played but love the music. However this rendition of Fresh Prince of Bel Air + Mario Galaxy music is awesome.
    Honestly for me I would say to stick to playful music instead of music like Pendulum, heavy metal/hip hop that breaks the flow of the game. You really aren't creating nor setting an atmosphere and you're constantly losing immersion from the player.
    Like ze_NY_Marathon is an example for a map with good music that compliments it.

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SBesoVv0OZs

Or the theme songs from Punch-out on the Wii, those are fun to listen when running since it creates a fun playful atmosphere.

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I80kXW6o3aY

Or the Character Creation song from Star Wars The Old Republic. It's a very high epic song and it set's a mood to the player like they have to hold as if they're life depended on it.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJZl0G0pIpQ
    Benderius, Mar 8, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Mar 8, 2013
  3. May 31, 2012
    I'd say you should map first and then worry about the music. I tend to plan the music for my maps before finishing them usually, but not before starting/having a bit of them done. It is usually a good idea to see where 'you' are in terms of looks to find more or less fitting music.
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    stay away from hardstyle and anything nightcore.

Go for popular choices that nobody will get tired of too quickly. If people really like the map they'll want to play it multiple times.

As envio said, finish your map, then go for something that supplements it.

If your map has bosses, look for fitting music. The boss music should have a feeling of pressure being added to finishing the fight. If it has levels, you can just add regular choices.
    Taters, Mar 8, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Mar 8, 2013
  5. Oct 29, 2010

I will offer you free admin for life if you fulfill my request.
  6. May 30, 2012
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Apr 4, 2009
      • Jun 11, 2012
        That was the most ear-rapiest I had of my life. And putting it to 1080p doesn't make it better.
      • Apr 1, 2012

and I don't think you fully understood the question. oh well!
        iProbie, Mar 8, 2013 Last edited by iProbie, Mar 8, 2013
      • Jun 11, 2012
      • Apr 1, 2012
        Bender bro, read the question carefully next time..
      • Jun 11, 2012

I recommend songs you derp, why are you not understanding this