Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fixed !illegal Images Broken

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Aprz, May 13, 2014

1. Mar 26, 2012
    When we were playing zm_wtfhax, all the images in !illegal were broken (showed a broken file/image icon). I asked other admins if it was broken for them too, and @Tony the Tiger!! :D replied yes. I don't know if it's for all maps yet, but assuming probably so.

[IMG]

You can still refer to http://plaguefest.com/wiki/illegal-spots/ to see illegal spots until this problem is fixed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dec 17, 2007
      it always works for me when i type !illegal
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It's a common issue. Sometimes the pictures will work, sometimes they won't. I can't remember the exact reason, so when Brian sees this, maybe he can explain it better. Wiki page works fine for me, btw.
    • Mar 26, 2012
      I linked the wiki page saying that it works, lol. :razz:

Didn't know this was a known issue. I previously remember that @Detonator was working !illegal, and that only some of the images didn't load. He initially thought it was due to image size, but that wasn't true. Haven't heard of anything ever since.
    • Jun 4, 2012
      ya idk always work for me i think maybe its the game sometimes dosnt work but maybe a restart will work and show up
    • Jan 1, 2013
      Could it have something to do with the steam browser? Can't watch videos through steam nowadays so I thought it could be connected to this.
    • Mar 16, 2008
      If you can't see an image, try pressing F5 a few times if it isn't re-bound. That should refresh the page and not rely on a cache of images.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jun 10, 2011
        Just a bump as this is still broken, at least for me.
        The F5 thing didn't work for me, just kept refreshing broken images :razz:
      • Jan 21, 2011
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Yeah, the images seem to be entirely broken across all maps. The bug has gotten worse :C
      • Jun 4, 2006
        It shouldn't be... it was for a while but I fixed it back in Sept 2013 and it's been groovy up until a couple weeks ago.

I took a look at this when it was first reported and from my initial glance at things it seems to be due to a regression with the in-game browser. The code for the page hasn't changed since Sept 2013, and still displays correctly in chrome, firefox, IE11-7, etc.

Getting this patched has been on my todo list. My current unproven hunch is the in-game browser no longer supports redirects, which is what the embedded image links are. I may end up just rewriting the entire thing. I'll update this thread once the issue is fixed, which with any luck will be sometime soon.
        • Like Like x 3
          Brian, Jun 4, 2014 Last edited by Brian, Jun 4, 2014
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Rewrote it to something a bit more simple and hopefully less error prone. Instead of querying the wiki content in the database and converting the BBCode page content to HTML and looping through the attachments in order to display a simple custom page with just the illegal spots, !illegal now takes you directly to the illegal spots wiki page for the map, if one exists. Probably should have done it this way from the get-go. Not sure why I made a stripped down version just for in-game viewing in the first place, but I digress. Marking this as fixed, for now.
          • Winner Winner x 3
          • Like Like x 1
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • Useful Useful x 1