Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

"Illegal Spots" Bot Adverts/Spam.

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Nezumi, Aug 8, 2011

1. Jun 10, 2011
    Right, so it seems as soon as Josh took the restrictions off the Illegal Spots forum (only admins can make topics -> anyone can) we've had a lot of random spam topics made.

I don't know WHY the bots are only spamming/advertising in that particular forum, but seems like the easy way to prevent this is just to up the posting rights again (maybe this time to Donator+) and maybe put a heading telling players to PM their query to an Admin/Donator for them to post for them?

It worked fine before, and yes it would be nice to let anyone post there, but I personally prefer a spambot free forum :razz:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 30, 2006
    • Jun 10, 2011
      They got so bad on my local site we had to turn off new user registrations. They had to email one of us to get on the forum. I agree, stupid bots
    • Jul 13, 2011
      *sigh* I definately will take the blame for this one, since i was the one asking why i couldn't post in the illegal spots section.
    • Mar 16, 2008
      Changed it back so members can't make topics in it..
    • Jul 13, 2011