Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I'm an "Others"

Discussion in Media Devices started by DJL4300, Sep 18, 2013

1. Sep 17, 2013
    When I go to malls I ALWAYS see people having an iPhone even my friends have them none of them have any other phones, I always wonder how do people have so many iPhone's and that I only have BlackBerry...
  2. Oct 13, 2011
    I only agree with the no memory slot, but all the rest is just incorrect lol. The video makes Apple look like it steals from everyone while there are plenty of other companies including Andriod and so forth doing the exact same thing. They're all pulling the same rope
  4. Jul 8, 2012
    Cost way over what it should be, no memory, a limited OS (granted it just works, but I hate not having any customization.) Lesser hardware then top end Android devices, Siri blows compared to Google now or Microsoft's new assistant. No battery removal, accessories are expensive as fuck compared to decent android ones. There's more but I don't feel like listing it lol.

Speaking purely of numbers and specs, iPhone's are at least 6 months behind on specs and what not compared to Android devices.

Do they just work? Sure. But Android is my clear vote.
    Zenzr, Sep 18, 2013 Last edited by zenzr, Sep 18, 2013
  5. Mar 14, 2013
    * STABS APPLES*
    Green creature : "The time of apple has come to its end , COME,,,, AnD MEET UR DEATH APPLE!!!
    [IMG]

Personally the iphone is not a bad device , it just doesnt have the free 3rd party apps that are available for androids like my anime alarm clock, some games, and mx player XD for free yay :grin: <3.
  6. Jul 8, 2012
    HAHAHAHA that made me laugh wayyyyy more then it should.
  7. Jun 11, 2012
    Apple does certain things right, Android does certain things right. I would love Ipod Touch + Android...that would be sweeeeetttttt

Also for context, Apple in this case is General Grievous and Android was supposed to represent Obi-Wan Kenobi. I Star Wars Well
    [IMG]
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    In black and white, it's paying more money for simplified, more automated things vs. paying less for more freedom and creativity, but also more management. Since a lot of the population is lazy and/or wants the easiest possible thing, they choose Apple.

Then there's also people who don't know any better and purchase one because "everybody has one".
  9. Jun 18, 2012
    @Brett, since you're one of those electronic know-how persons maybe you can shed some light to how/what makes android phones (and maybe tablets/PCs) in general faster than most of the fapple stuff?

I myself prefer anything over apple as well but I don't know anything about them devices so I base my opinion on what the few more advanced people I know about it say, rather than the next best trendy person I run into ...
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    Faster processors with more cores, more ram, and better gfx chips generally attribute to the speed difference. Manufacturers put some bloat on the phones which can be removed by rooting and installing a custom rom which can result in better battery life and a faster phone overall.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I'm not too big on smartphones, I'm more towards PCs, but with Android phones, you're going to get an abundance of freedom while on the iPhone, you're only capable of a few things even after jailbreaking it. The Galaxy S4 has an SD card slot to increase memory for cheap, while the iPhone goes up what, $200 in price for a 64GB phone instead of an 8GB phone? My 16GB Galaxy supported a top speed 64GB microSD card I bought for less than $50. I can even add an extended battery to my S4 for 4 times the battery life. Better yet, the product doesn't have to be Samsung made to work on my phone. I have an excessive amount of freedom on my phone, whether I want to overclock it or whatever, I have the ability to do so whenever I'd like to. Battery I'm referring to: http://www.amazon.com/warranty-Zero...-International/dp/B00CXZI3DQ/ref=pd_sim_cps_4

For PCs, Apple computers use the same hardware as Windows PCs, but they are not upgradable, and cannot be worked on. In my eyes, you're paying for a logo and an OS. Same thing for MacBooks, a lot more expensive than Windows laptops. You're paying for the logo and OS. I usually tell people to just do Hackitosh when they say they buy Apple PCs because they "love the OS" (which is usually BS).
    • Sep 17, 2013
    • Jun 18, 2012
      Last person I ran into said anything fapple related is way better cause there aren't any viruses on there ... Maybe I'm old fashioned but I've got free AVG and simply keep in mind that I don't click idiotic links, and I think I had only a handful of virus alerts in the past 4 years I've had my PC. Guess some people feel the need to click whatever link they see when their testosterone level gets higher ...

Anyhow back on topic, overhere it seems the whole fapple hype is slowly coming to a hold, most people either don't want to pay the insane amounts of money for the phones anymore and Samsung has been getting more and more popular (main reason probably being way cheaper). I myself have had a HTC wildfire for the past 3 years and aside from it being littered with crap, making it slow as hell, it only recently began to shut down randomly, I prefer the sturdy feel of HTC phones over the slightly more plastic feel of the samsung phones I've had in my hands, guess it's a matter of opinion...
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Yea I know what you mean about the feel of phones. I have this big hands and sometimes I feel like I'm going to break my phone. My S4 can bend a little bit without its case, but I bought a custom metal case making this thing practically indestructible.
    • Mar 14, 2013
      *stabs apple*---->[IMG]
      *looks at windows*
      *grabs windows drops it in a trash bin*----->[IMG]
      As long as android wont allow drag and drop copy/paste functions like windows and apple, im not sure. then again idk if android allows u to do that <3
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Apple seems to try to get amazing hardware but doesn't utilized it since their OS isn't as heavy loaded than Android is. Which then leads to them boasting about it. Though this new 64bit A7 chip is cool, but through the rumor mill Samsung is already working a phone with that chip.
    • Aug 2, 2010
      BS. iOS and Android can both fall victims to malware. Viruses aren't as prevalent on the mobile market, yet, but Apple not being vulnerable to them is a common misconception.

I also prefer the feel of the HTC One compared to the GS4, but man, am I a Samsung fanboy. TV, phones, tablets, displays. Someone sue me for supporting a company that rips off Apple's patents!