Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Peter, Sep 22, 2008

1. May 27, 2008
    Sucks, no?
  2. Jan 7, 2008
    make some iced tea before you go. When you get back from the operation, you will be all fucked up. The pain will return slowly but surely and will get intense if u don't take your medication. Drink the tea you made, it will help to stop the bleeding.

Good Luck, enjoy those first few hours after the operation, things only go down hill from there until 2 days after the op. Then the swelling starts to go down, and you are wisdom teeth free.

Disclaimer: this is all based on my personal experience. This is not a professional opinion. head it at your own risk :razz:
  3. Jan 11, 2007
    Good luck! I had all 4 pulled. They were pretty wedged in there (coming in at nearly 90 degrees off their normal axis), so I had the dentist put me under for the procedure.

The surgery went smoothly and the recovery time was actually quite painless (I think I only used 2 or 3 of my ~20 pill Tylenol 3 prescription). I think I was back to a relatively normal eating and teeth cleaning routine in a week, although it still took around 2 months for everything to get back to "normal" in there.

My number one recommendation is to follow all their post-surgery instructions and don't expect to do anything productive (including driving) for the rest of the day after the surgery. I hope you have a similar (or even easier) experience with your wisdom teeth as I had with mine.
  4. May 27, 2008
    Im taking your guys advice. Tea and no driving. I'll be sitting in my house for a week doing homework and playing COD4 on my 360. Lol.
  5. Sep 14, 2008
    I need to have mine removed as well. I'm not taking it well lol. I'm not good with pain :razz:
  6. Jan 7, 2008
    They put me under without asking. You might as well have them put you under. Basically you're counting to 10 when they put the mask on, and then you wake up in a wheelchair. Yeh don't try to do anything productive. You Probably won't feel like doing homework. At least i never do when I'm on pain medicine...i can't think straight. I also suggest renting some movies...or TV shows.

I remember when i got mine out, Signs had just come out on DvD. I woke up at 4:30AM and couldn't sleep anymore so I watched the movie. I fell out of my bed when the alien jumps out of the bushes lol.
  7. Apr 9, 2007

Sweet... 1.5K posts... :shock:
  8. Jan 1, 2008
    im ok with pain... he's my best friend, coming home from school everyday with purses on my arm andnch having my balls hit more that a pubag...... yepp.... my middle name is pain.

its ok... i have the last laugh HAHA!!!!
  9. Sep 14, 2008

I thought your middle name was Melvin?
  10. Jan 1, 2008

..... where did melvin come from ? lol
  11. Dec 28, 2007
    pretty much the same thing happened to me when mine were removed with the exception that I threw up when I woke up :frown:

and that alien scares me too man...
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    My diet for a week was jello and mashed potatoes, mmm.

If you have the operation in the morning, say 8-9 am, the pain will probably start to come in around 7 PM, so take a vicodin around 5:30. I'm sure your doctor will call you and inform your parents of all this seeing as you probably won't be able to talk very well with all the guass(sp) in your mouth. Fun stuff.
  13. May 27, 2008
    I can remember when Taters got his out.
    He was just out of it. I felt bad for him.
    When he came home, he walked around the house squeezing a milkshake.
  14. Mar 15, 2008
    peter you will be fine. If you need pain pills i gots vicodin and lorcet in 650 and 850 mg doses. but you will be fine if you go under you will wake up out of it just want to go home. I didnt want to move at all (my arm surgery) Im just guessing you wont want to talk. My advice rent movies before and buy lots of soup and liquid and you will be fine in a day or two. After my surgery i watched Harold and kumar escape from Guantanamo bay
  15. May 27, 2008
    I think its illegal to send Vicodin through the mail. And I don't even know about Lorcet, they might kick your balls off for that one..
    Its your call though.
  16. Mar 15, 2008
    lorcet is everything in 1. I have a cough also so i might need it :razz:

OTHER USES: This medication may also be used to suppress a cough.
  17. Jun 4, 2006
    I'll take all the vicy you got, high school kids here will buy that shit off of me in a heart beat.
  18. Sep 14, 2008
    OK that does it. I am never getting them pulled. I am too scared lol
  19. Dec 30, 2006
    I cant wait to get mine pulled. I am gong to be so fucked up on vic when I am online. Than ill try talking. Its gong to be in like 6 months. I am so excited.
  20. Oct 22, 2007
    They are not a big deal. First off you are trashed on drugs when you leave which was freaking awsome. Other than that i was walking around and talking like nothing happened the next day. Everyones experience is different so it is not like your gonna go through hell with it.