Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

I'm leaving.

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Samurai, Jan 12, 2015

1. May 29, 2012
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jun 19, 2013
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 25, 2014
        Don't blow it of proportions, if you just stay calm and ask some higher ups i think everything can be settled just fine, and also don't throw everything on here keep you're dignity, now you just are about to lose the respect you got, don't go down that road you are far to good for that.
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Oct 29, 2010
          Are you the Samurai that's banned for a month? If so, you should try following the rules, it's pretty awesome.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • May 29, 2012
            I just dont like this community anymore. I dont want respect by anyone who plays here.
          • May 29, 2012
          • Jan 3, 2013

[IMG]
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Feb 25, 2014
              Then stop coming to this community asap, you wouldn't be bothered also by making a goodbye threat if you actually didn't care, so either way you do, or you are contradicting yourself pretty bad right now. If you wanna leave just do so and stop reacting, otherwise this is looking pretty stupid.
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • May 31, 2012
                Three days to one month is a little excessive, no? I wasn't there to see what happened so I can't say with certainty, but the other times he's been banned was based on his name (ie. Kneegrows) and it was nothing crazy like spamming the n-word... even the first bans were sketched because none of them received proper escalation (warning > kick), which is a fair argument on behalf of Samurai; he's being punished more severely for previously being an admin, which I believe is unfair because loyalty the sever leads to bigger consequences in the future. I would have probably been more dramatic about it and chose to leave too; I've considered leaving for lesser reasons - as I have never been banned (for bad behavior or rule breaking that is) - but there are a lot of people in this community who I do like and enjoy playing games with.

I'm not sure if I'll see Samurai around here again, but I'm sure we'll keep in touch on Steam. The "good riddance" is just plain rude. You should be ashamed of yourselves if you consider this a good thing, even if his ban is worthy. A strong community would not want their members to leave, and Samurai isn't toxic enough like others (KitKat, DopeScope, CHAOS/KHAOS, etc.) to deserve a "good riddance". I believe warnings, kicks, bans, any escalating measures used by an admin is not meant to be punitive (as many other admins use as a form of "power"); it's meant to rehabilitate members who are not abiding by the rules in hopes that they would want to change their attitudes and continue playing in the community. Of the 5 bans he has, 2 of them are unrelated (1 was training for admin, and the other was for bhopping). Samurai has had valuable contributions to this community (ie. each time you see ZE alive at all, I can assure you he was involved... same goes for his planned events, which other members are almost unwilling to host) and it is very disappointing that he plans to leave.
                • Like Like x 2
                • Friendly Friendly x 2
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Jun 11, 2012
                  Dude, you were supposed to make me come back to ZE for a fun time night. The hell you are leaving. And the amount of joy I started to have. Damn it.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Jun 19, 2013
                    For not knowing what happened, you sure have a lot of "hot opinions". Joshy, the forum post critique, strikes again.
                    • Funny Funny x 2
                    • Feb 25, 2014
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Dec 27, 2013
                        Yooo dude calm your tities, what do you expect from a server that has more fucking rules than everything else.
                        Anyway i can't blame you, NO wonder why PF is dying :beer:

Ohhh and btw. people call this the pF version:

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8RzKEwb_bA

sad to see how much hate you guys get !
                        • Agree Agree x 2
                        • Funny Funny x 2
                        • May 31, 2012
                          Lets not kid ourselves - and no offense to blink who is no doubt trying his best - but he does have a lot of questionable and Draconian-like bans; you hardly have to be there at all to know what happened. 90% of this guy's bans (I didn't check so I could be exaggerating, or maybe not) is for "Ignoring Admins", which isn't even against the rules; also, he almost never has a demo and has history of impractical or steep bans (ie. JynMagic, TheHolyOnesRights, or SmokeAlot; what I am meaning is lack of escalation with documentations because bans are jumping very quickly to 1-week or 1-month skipping the intermediates... not denying validness of bans but questioning the length of ban.)

Checking the chat on ZM:

... It looks like he was taunting the admins again, over little stuff (ie. Kneegrows), and went too far again (by very little measures)... He probably said something over the mic once or twice, or it was his name, because nothing happened in the chat; however, no demo and probably no warning or kick again, just insta- 1 month ban. No signs of warnings or kicks in the chat log too (usually the player says something or complains).

Judging from his previous days conversation, it appears you two have a little feud between each other and that's completely personal; nothing objectively worthwhile for a 1-month ban unless he happened to spam the crap out of the N word or something, which I don't think happened based on the available evidence.

Plus, his ban is pretty steep:

[IMG]

Previous ban is 3-days back in November? (Let me remind you how long ago that was if you forgot what year and month it is: 2 MONTHS AGO).

edit: Don't forget the racial slur rule hasn't been lifted, but it was modified previously to become more flexible: Back in the old days, it was insta- perm. ban, and so it was changed to be more lenient based on context. I can't see the thread as a non-admin but I do recall @Tony the Tiger!! :grin: pretty much posting that unless they are spamming the n-word, it should receive similar escalation as the other rules (warn -> kick -> ban). If his name is "Kneegrows", what context is that? Yeah, he's skirting around the rule to taunt admins, but it's not like he's shouting out to other players "You are a freekin' Kneegrows!". Admins are forgetting context, and they are still escalating the racial slurs as if it were the old Draconian ways.

See John? There's this thing called "research":

[IMG]

It's pretty magical because even if you didn't see it for yourself or know for sure, it can give you a pretty good idea or estimate of what happened.

... and yeah, I have a lot of opinions because I happen to be a good friend of Samurai (not denying my biased opinions), I was fair enough to say that I wasn't there, I happen to like this community, and I do have a lot of experience with adminship, and so I am very qualified to have "opinions" on the matter. People my biased opinions supersede my ability to make a decision or to do research, but I have even banned my own buddies when I felt they crossed the line; you can ask @Bro's.M and @dunkaroos all about it, and my previous CSA threads to report suspicious things I've seen (even on friends). I'm biased, but I consider myself to be very-reasonably objective when making a decision.

edit:

I'll just pre-emptively post this and we will see who is the most consistent with their opinions, or if they are just being biased:
                          Joshy, Jan 12, 2015 Last edited by Joshy, Jan 12, 2015
                        • May 17, 2014
                          Another great player is gone. I can't name any awesome ZE players anymore that still play here. And people think we should make our rules stricter.
                          Post Merged, Jan 12, 2015
                          Lol
                        • Dec 27, 2012
                          ...This is a goodbye thread, no? Let's treat it as such.

Bye Samurai, never played with you but good luck to you wherever you might go.
                        • Feb 3, 2012
                        • Feb 1, 2011
                          Sorry to hear this, take it easy Samurai.

@Joshy, kindly fuck off with your high horse bullshit that rears its head every time a controversial thread pops up. My god man, it's like you've got absolutely nothing better to do than try to stir up shit on pF.
                          • Agree x 4
                          • Winner x 3
                          • Funny x 2
                          • Like x 1
                          • Zing! x 1
                          • May 31, 2012

I'll let you in on a little secret: If they didn't post their "high horse bullshit" "good riddance" comments and had nothing better to say, they should have "kindly fucked off". As if I were the one to "stir up shit on pF"? The shit was already stirred before I even posted, and the thread shouldn't have been at all controversial. It's a damn goodbye thread; if they didn't want to say goodbye, they should have posted nothing.

Samurai was my friend and I wont tolerate people saying "good riddance" on his goodbye thread. This is the equivalence to posting a "go suck a dick" on someone's birthday thread... You got nothing good to say, don't post it? Even if Samurai is being dramatic about his lengthy ban, it's not like he spammed up the forums with the N-word before leaving. Samurai was not a bad person, and he's getting worse treatment than other players who were toxic to our community.

You already know that I hate at least half of the LSAs, but you didn't see me posting on their goodbye or demotion thread "good riddance". RESPECT!
                            Joshy, Jan 12, 2015 Last edited by Joshy, Jan 12, 2015