Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Impossible Secret Spots Are Only Fun For Those Who Know Them

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Krye, Jul 31, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 14, 2011
    How is your average player supposed to know that he can shoot three lights, hit a secret switch, jump through an invisible wall, and then take a teleporter to get to that otherwise unreachable spot that the admins are always camping(I only mention this because it's always the admins being lawful evil and exploiting everything to the limit and then punishing others for arbitrary things)? It's not only irritating, but it can lead to bad situations like I just experienced on the wtf_hax_6e map. There is a spot that was illegal on previous versions of the map, but the illegal list says it's fine now. Everyone is getting angry and berating [PF] Dani for not doing anything about it and she only says, "If it's not on the list, I'm not enforcing it". (That seems like a very lazy approach to being an admin, if she had known why it wasn't illegal that would be fine, but she was obviously ignorant). This entire scenario prompted me to come on the forums ready to file an admin abuse report and an illegal spot suggestion, but after searching back through several pages in the illegal spot subforum I found that the spot is illegal because there's a hidden switch that kills anybody there. I don't understand why the admins feel the need to put illegal spots into the game that only they know how to counter. I was sifting through other illegal spot threads and I saw several people saying, "I know how to do this or that, but I WON'T tell you! It's a secret!" These spots can only serve to divide the community and cause strife. I've used several methods such as hosting the maps myself to no clip and using commands that show buttons and teleports and even watching youtube videos, I've logged dozens of hours playing on the plaguefest servers, and I still haven't been able to find half the ways to get into these invincible rooms. There are doors with codes that aren't listed anywhere, there are doors that can only be unlocked by taking secret teleports to several parts of the map and hitting secret switches, it's really just impossible unless you're already in the know.

I propose that a list of all the secrets be posted on the forums(this could serve as a method to attract more forum traffic) or these spots be removed entirely. I do not only feel this way because I can't find out the secrets, I already know plenty of secrets and it still bothers me that the admins need an unfair advantage because they lack enough skill to fight fair. One of the admins even told me that part of the admin package is increased jump height so they can get to spots that others cannot. I suppose if all you care about is the money(and I can't really blame you for that, the server can't run if it's not paid for), then you can keep in your incentives for people to pay a monthly fee. As Seto Kaiba once said, "Screw the rules, I have money!" However, if the PF higher ups have any integrity at all, I implore you to rethink your policy of allowing noobs to get slaughtered while the admins laugh from their sky boxes or locked rooms.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    A lot of Map Makers are not cool with the secrets being posted. That is one reason that couldn't be done. I know a lot of people actually decompile the map to find the triggers if you do it right you can find all the triggers and map makers easter eggs in a map very easily.
  3. Sep 14, 2008
    The map was tested, every ledge, every "secret" and such. Why would I enforce a spot that isn't illegal? If I did that THEN I would be abusing. I never slapped, I never froze, I wasn't ignorant to you. I was actually pretty polite, but you were pretty ignorant to me. This isn't the first time you've complained over such trivial things. Before you go posting things like this...maybe get your facts straight. Thank you.
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    I can't think of one spot that a player cannot get to but an admin can because of the increased jump. There are many spots that are easier to get to with the enhanced jump, but skilled regular players can get there as well.

Posting the secret spots would defeat the purpose of them being 'secret.' I don't know all the secrets in all the ZM maps, but I do know quite a bunch. I learned many from regular players who figured them out on their own. How they figured it out I'm not sure, but being admin doesn't give an advantage as far as knowing the secrets.

The spots that were illegal on the previous version of wtfhax v6e were fixed through teleporters and trigger hurts I believe. I don't know the locations of the new teleporters, so I simply avoid the people in those spots.
  5. Jun 14, 2011
    So you guys think it's fair that people can lock themselves in rooms or teleport to unreachable spots and never die unless somebody else online happens to have decompiled the map?

EDIT: And I've seen people state in several threads that decompiling doesn't catch everything, so there are secrets that are impossible to know unless you're the map editor.
  6. Sep 14, 2008
    It's not really that hard to find out secrets of those maps. If you're complaining about it, then you're just being lazy. People don't like giving away those secrets because then you get tons of people there and someone turns into a zombie, then you get bitching.
  7. Jul 20, 2010
    Krye stop whining and try to find the secrets in maps I don't know all of them for every map we have. Everyone and anyone can use the secrets granted if they know where they are at. You've called me a hacker on a certain map because I was using the secrets to take out the CT's. Mappers don't want people to post the secrets of their maps out for everyone to find out their a secret for a reason. Next time before you come and make a post here get your facts straight and think before you make a post regarding admins and our "abusing" or "not enforcing illegal spots" Go QQ somewhere else kthx
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    Is it completely fair? Not really but at the same time if you really want to put forth the effort to find those places then you earned the right to use them if they aren't illegal.
  9. Feb 24, 2011
    She can't enforce something that is not against the rules. This is not considered an illegal spot because it is possible to get there. An illegal spot is a spot that the zombies can't get to once the humans are there. Dani has done nothing wrong in this situation, but instead you are just a noob if you have used youtube and still fail....

Admins don't put in illegal spots..... and it's not only the admins that can get there.... maybe you should watch a couple more videos on youtube and google it some more and stop failing at life.
  10. Jul 29, 2011
  11. Jul 13, 2011
    only spot that i know of that i can't get to is the billboard on unpanic. I actually resorted to shooting a vending machine to the edge so i can jump over there, but of course some admins (cough evil_monkey cough) just shoot the vendy away.
  12. Feb 24, 2011

EDIT after Loading's edit:

Because he is not nearly cool enough for LMGTFY.

Think I should switch it back?
  14. Sep 14, 2008
    lol Talla. Lots of zombies are very creative though. They can do it if they work together. Krye is just being lazy. No one is just going to hand over their secret spot to him because he can't find out how to get there. I know when you find a spot that no one else knows about and it's legal, it does kind of make you feel awesome hehe :grin:
  15. Jul 13, 2011
  16. Feb 24, 2011
    Hell yea cause that shit is FUNNY!!!! LOL
  17. Jun 14, 2011
    Okay, as long as we can all agree that you guys are only abusing these spots because you need an unfair advantage.
  18. Oct 29, 2010
    Above the hollow billboard or up with the stand alone billboard? The former is illegal and the latter clipped in the current version. :razz:
  19. Sep 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.