Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Improvements and Expansion!

Discussion in News started by Ray, Jan 11, 2009

1. Aug 18, 2006
    As you may have noticed, I have made some improvements in the ZombieMod server to improve game play experience. This includes optimizations to Event Scripts to reduce CPU load. This also includes a couple of other additions that will improve server and client side performance even more. I will be making many new additions in the future that will improve game play even more, as well as fixing some annoyances in the server.

While these improvements are being done, I want to also introduce new servers. I do not necessarily want to move on to other games, however, I want to expand on the many modes and possibilities of CS:S. I am speaking of a couple new servers that would be running a popular new game type, however, I am having difficulties deciding on one. If you, the community, could voice your opinion, that would be great. Please feel free to reply to this news post regarding improvements to the current Zombie Mod server and or new server suggestions.
  2. Nov 14, 2008
    i have played on a couple jump/climb servers. there hard to do but fun. id think they would be a good addition to pf

nice job with the hlss block script on the zmod
  3. Jan 7, 2008
  4. Jan 10, 2009
  5. Nov 30, 2008
    Climb hurts my brain! But it could work. Gungame is good stuff to. It be nice to have the awp unrestricted on it :tongue:
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    Oh Ray, you know the real shit is in a WINDOWS BOX. YOU KNOW IT. I KNOW IT.
  7. Nov 24, 2007
  8. Sep 14, 2008
  9. Nov 14, 2008
  10. Aug 8, 2008
    where you gotta jump and climb through the map, like an escape, you gotta time your jumps.

I personally don't think jailbreak is too good, if requires an admin all the time or the first asshole who walks in ruins it.

And climb is boring.

I think maybe a 24/7 deathmatch server would be nice, but must be careful on what map we choose.
    So I vote in a 24/7 deathmatch server.

we could Copy the best* custom server maps(Like 3 or 4) and have it on rotation.
    I say use a custom map(s) because I've seen mostly crackhouse,office,or dust(1&2) as deathmatch maps.

*By best I mean one team won't have an advantage or make it too easy for people to grab an Awp and camp.

set it to infinite ammo, but with normal reloads. so people who kill alot(Viva) won't get screwed into running out of ammo.
  11. Sep 22, 2008
    it's really relaxing, but some people get raged at it. could be great for entertainment. :razz:
    gungame is a good idea redclaw! it'd be cool if it was deathmatch reverse gg
  12. Feb 21, 2007
    i'd probably go in the climb server if we had one.
  13. Jan 10, 2009
    i just got done playing in two servers. one was a climb map. the other a jump map. i PHAIL at jump. and climb maps are pretty fun.
  14. Oct 7, 2007

I would like to see a 24/7 death match server like Cursing suggested. It would be schweeeet! We just may possibly gain some new skill. (Which I think most of us need.) :grin:

Also, considering pF already has two zombie servers. I would consider zombie just a screw around place. (where ranks and points are easily made and maintained.) I don't think we need more screw around servers.

As for our Custom Map server...it requires more skill. I would like to see more skill testing servers hosted by pF.

Gun game can be pretty fun. I'm also for a gun game server. I actually like this idea better than the death match. I'm fine with either one. Maybe both? :shock:

Just as long as its not a climb/jump, jailbreak/hostie server. Please, PLEASE! No jailbreak or any of the sort. In my opinion. (Sorry guys.) climb/jump/jailbreak/hostie servers FTL.

kkthxbaiz. =]
  15. Jul 29, 2008
    New servers, huh? Why don't you try breakfloor out it's fun
    I have a 12 slot breakfloor server
  16. Sep 22, 2008
    breakfloor gets old easily and there's the problem of people coming on and tking til the server clears out. it's kind of not worth it :/
  17. May 27, 2008

Lazyvulture owned it, but no one played on it.
  18. Aug 18, 2006
    I think that was largely due to it being hosted in the UK.
  19. Feb 21, 2007
    as for improvements, i dunno if anyone messed with the tpmenu, but it wasnt working tonight when i tried to use it.