Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Improving the server-side lag spikes, fixing ranks

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by FuhrerMike, Aug 1, 2007

1. Aug 1, 2007
    Hey all, I was directed here by ck27 to speak about offering my assistance to you all.
    I have been coming to the server for a few weeks now, and it has always had little lag spikes, and now the ranks are completely broken (I was ranked 25).
    I have a few suggestions and fixes that could help, one being updating your eventscripts plugin to the current version found Here.

Most of my other fixes involve getting into the server configuration, namely the addons folder, the server.cfg file, and the mani-server.cfg file.

Hope I can help!
  2. Dec 30, 2006
    Heh so you want ftp access??

OH SURE.......lets see........the IP for the server is and the username is root and the password is admin

then go into srcds and have fun finding it.
  3. Aug 1, 2007
    That's cute. You could start by telling me if you are running mani as a standalone mod, and any errors that you can see in the server console.

EDIT: I also see that your es_tools is outdated. Here are the bugfixes in the newer version:

4. Jun 29, 2007
    good idea to give it a crack guys

cept we wont give you FTP sorry mate.
  5. Apr 28, 2007
    Bahaha. This guy.
  6. Aug 1, 2007
    I never asked for it once. I'm not surprised of his skepticism, but it would be foolish not to try my ideas.

I'm sure the owners would be glad to know that you impersonate them. Thanks for wasting my time on the server! ^_^

To clarify, in order to help more, I would need a list of files in the addons folder, the contents of the server.cfg file (minus out the rcon password, of course) and the contents of the mani cfg as well.
  7. Dec 30, 2006
    the F*Ck..............i would update and do crap but then i might screw up the server....aka I might pull a ck27 rofl.
  8. Aug 1, 2007
    Just backup the addons and cfg folders (shouldn't be more than 20mb total) beforehand.
  9. Posts
    Don't be a fucking asshole to someone that wants to help out the server.
  10. Posts
    Mike, what you need to do is talk to Cam 1 on 1 and share with him your ideas / suggestions for the server. He's the guy to talk to, not us - we don't do shit.
  11. Posts
    Hey Mike, thanks for the suggestions, I shall upgrade EventScripts/ESTools today.

Mani is currently running through MetaMod.

Add me to XFire if you have it: SAMPCam
  12. Dec 30, 2006
    Sauce i directed him to the forums because cam reads the forums so i knew he would see it.
  13. Apr 28, 2007
    Nah...I wasn't impersonating.

Imagine all the kids who come onto the server on some ridiculous, "Give me admin!" shit. Retslag and I both kind of were taken aback when you said you could fix the server.

Sounded like you wanted passwords like we were gullible bitches. So waa.
  14. Posts
    Guys, seriously...

This guy wants to help out, Im not about to hand out the Shell password to anyone. If you dont have anything nice to say, then please fucking leave.

15. Jun 29, 2007
  16. Posts
    We couuuuld.... host HLStatsX... ahem.. AHEM..... AHEM

17. Posts
    Someone buy it for me then!

FuhrerMike: Message me on XFire sometime, I forgot who you are on my list already. :blink:
  18. Jun 29, 2007

nice cam
  19. Jun 29, 2007

nice cam
  20. Posts
    We don't need to buy it, we can host it ourselves!