Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

In game cs:s issues. Mic/flashlight

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by xiRaiN-, Oct 28, 2012

1. Oct 9, 2012
    So I have a couple problems and hoping someone will be able to help me.
    1. My mic will work with my computer and in steam but not in-game in cs:s? Why I'm not to sure.
    2. When playin any dark maps my flashlight will only recognize players and shine a light on them, but while running away from zombies while I need to dodge obstacles its impossible because I cannot see where I'm going. Any help?
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    About the mic, I think CS:S only takes your standard recording device. Usually this isn't set on default. To do this, go to the Windows sound icon and right-click onto it, and choose 'Recording Devices' or something like that (for me it's all in Dutch so I simply translate and hope it's the same in the English Windows version). Then, go to your mic output/input (I wouldn't know which one it is of yours) and then set it as the 'Standard Recording Device'. Once done, it should work in CS:S.

About the flashlight, either your CS:S is a bit corrupted and you need to Verify the game Cache, or it's related to the map (which seems more likely).
  3. Oct 9, 2012
    Still nothing working. Thanks for the help though.
  4. Nov 29, 2010
    Css mic settings are in your steam settings, you should check it out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    For me, i usually have to do this.
    >Right-click sound icon on task bar
    >Click Recording devices
    Now, since i have a front and back mic port, for some reason my mic on the top (front port) gets set to the default communication device.
    >Right click the one that actually has the mic.
    >Set as default communication device.
    Make sure your counter strike is off when you do that. If not then just restart. If it doesn't work with one of the mic's in the list, then try the other. To make sure the mic is working, you could always double click it, go to Listen tab, click listen to this device, hit apply, and talk and see if you can hear yourself.

6. Apr 9, 2012
  7. Mar 12, 2008
    Do both of these
  8. Feb 27, 2012
    I only skimmed through it, and it didn't seem like that is what you were saying lol. Woops :shame:
  9. Apr 9, 2012
    Ya you're right. My explanation was horrible
  10. Jan 27, 2011
    Open up ur settings and see if you can hear yourself in the test( in steam NOT INGAME ) if it doesnt work with steam the game wont recognize it.

Would help with was os u are using.

As for the flashlight i believe its a setting display optionsnfor quality or something. Just reset your settings and restart steam
  11. Aug 18, 2006

Run CS:S with the -autoconfig command line option. To do this, right click CS:S in Steam, go to Properties, hit "Set Launch Options", and put -autoconfig in the field. This will run CS:S with default settings, and will tell us if the flashlight issue is configuration-related...
  12. Oct 9, 2012
    I have a brand new logitech mic and it does work in steam and will work in game until I join a game then will neither work in game or when I test in cs: s.
  13. Oct 9, 2012
    Flashlight issue = not fixed:frown: