Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Increase maximum # of allowed nominations?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by dillinger, Jun 21, 2012

1. Feb 1, 2011
    I was discussing this with @Kyle and he asked me to make a post.

I don't know if any of you have noticed, but often when maps get fully extended, the maximum number of nominations is reached and players are no longer able to nominate maps for the final vote that determines the next map. I think this is kind of lame, and we ought to fix it so that players are still able to nominate even when a map has been fully extended.

Would love some opinions, thanks :smile:
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I noticed it, but didn't really see it as much of a problem, it just puts out random maps that allows us to pick and choose something we most likely don't play as often, so it seems more of a positive.

Neither choice bothers me, because either way is a positive I guess. It has my approval.
      • Agree Agree x 6
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
        Brett, Jun 21, 2012 Last edited by Brett, Jun 22, 2012
      • Nov 11, 2011
        I have to agree with Brett, doesn't really make much of a difference. Either choice is acceptable.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • null
          This message by null has been removed from public view. Deleted by Tony Montana, Jun 21, 2012, Reason: derp.
          Jun 21, 2012
        • Jul 19, 2011
          I agree with dilli that it should definitely be extended. Why be forced to play maps that the server ends up rtving?
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Useful Useful x 1
          • Jan 12, 2012
            • Like Like x 2
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
            • Dec 2, 2011
              Or make it So Only admins nominate can not be limited.??? Or admin and donaters cannot be limited.
              What do you guys think about that?
              Pros Cons?
              • Artistic Artistic x 1
                Richard420, Jun 21, 2012 Last edited by Richard420, Jun 21, 2012
              • Feb 9, 2012
                Lol what? only admins and donators can nominate at the moment, unless u mean letting more than 6 nominations allowed.
              • Dec 2, 2011
                I know that. But I see how you can pull that from the sentence above.
              • Feb 1, 2011
                @Kyle I'm tagging you again because you asked me to remind you about this
              • Mar 20, 2012
                If we have a random vote after some extends...we nominate a map and rtv almost evrytime as soon as possible...

I mentioned that the system is now broken in another thread almost 1 week ago.
                I dont know if its intended..so it would be nice if somebody can lighten things up a little ...
                Cause people nominate always instantly the map changed and if we extend we cant nominate maps anymore...

If we should play more random maps just increase the number of recently played maps....that should have the same effect without the problem playing maps people dont want to play atm.

Maybe some people buy donator status 2 nominate maps ...so they lost a little of their privileges
              • Sep 25, 2010
              • Apr 9, 2012
                You know what would be a more useful topic? Letting the nr1 vote be blank so people simply do not spam the first nominate :S

And I do not see ANY reason to increase the amount of nominations. People look at the first then the second and then they will take any of those 2. They will NEVER EVER look to the last nomination or the fourth or the fifth. Even if Minas is on the fourth or the last nomination (which rarely happens) and for example ze_sst_b2 (no offence but that map is horrible) they will still all go for ze_sst_b2 simply because too many people are too lazy :-/

EDIT: I'm entirely sorry I didn't fully read the first post actually and only saw "extend maximum nominations".
                About the renominating after an extend sounds very nice. That should indeed be fixed and please a lot of haters. I'm for it!
                • Agree Agree x 1
                  JorisCeoen, Jun 22, 2012 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Jun 22, 2012
                • Dec 2, 2011
                  Oh god not this again
                  :thumbsdown:
                • Apr 9, 2012
                  :S I said the first thing I posted was incorrect according to the subject
                • Dec 2, 2011
                  Thank god. I thougt it was another 1spam Topic.... We have enough of those already

Here is just 1 example StupidTopic
                • Nov 29, 2010
                  That partially destroys our incentive for people to donate.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Dec 2, 2011
                    True but Donaters could ask an admin to Nominate another map if the Limit was not limited. But good Point chowder Did not think of that view.
                  • May 11, 2011
                    i agree this should be fix could the list be made to reset the amount of nominations after an extend
                    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
                    • Mar 20, 2012
                      mhh i dont see any point to restrict it to admins...they are also just people like donator/players and some of them just gonna nominate every overplayed map they like ....it will dont change anything in my opinion

atm nobody can nominate after extends and previous nominations ..thats the topic, i dont want to change who can nominate ....some weeks ago the nominationsystem worked normal , cant we just go back?
                    • Haplo
                      This message by Haplo has been removed from public view. Deleted by Halpo, Jun 22, 2012, Reason: swag.
                      Jun 22, 2012
                    • Dec 2, 2011
                      I dont understand where did someone say we should Read bolded text ^^^^