Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Indie Games + Competition

Discussion in Gaming started by Ghost, Jun 12, 2012

Do you play indie games?

Yes 10 vote(s) 66.7%
No 5 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. May 14, 2011
    Okay so I made this thread out of interest really. I know there are many good indie games out there. My personal favourite indie game is "Defence Grid: The Awakening" along side LIMBO because of its almost 3D effect in black and white. But I would like to hear what your guys favourite games are.

The person who contributes most in this thread "IN MY OPINION" will get a copy of "Defence Grid: The Awakening" for free from me. I will decide the winner in about a weeks time. (Please bear in mind friendships or the opposite will not apply to my decision, you all have an equal chance and anyone asking to win will get disqualified.)

Here's a List of good indie games you guys have mentioned.

*Game is amazing, you should download now!

(List last updated: 13/06/12)
    Ghost, Jun 12, 2012 Last edited by Ghost1995, Jun 13, 2012
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    Hmm, I'd have to look at my Steam Games list later, but the Indie games that come to mind that I've played and really enjoyed are:
    • Minecraft
    • World of Goo
    • Defense Grid: The Awakening
    • Audiosurf
    • Beat Hazard
    • Zombie Driver
    • Plants vs. Zombies
    • Braid
    Probably something hiding around that I'm not thinking of, but most games have something different to them that I like. World of Goo is a nice physics puzzler and has neat music, Defense Grid and PvZ are both fun tower games to kill time in, Audiosurf and Beat Hazard are fun to play my own music in while I get points and go pew pew, and Braid just likes to fuck with my head through 4th dimensional thinking. Minecraft, as we all know, is something that I probably spend too much time playing as I design my own home, test ideas, and watch videos of people doing goofy stuff that I can't imagine doing myself but inspired to try anyway.

Edit: Right, pick my favorite.... Hard to say overall since I've played a bunch, but right now Minecraft sits head and shoulders above the rest since it consumes so much of my time. :razzdrunk:

Edit 2:
    Hey @Ghost1995, shouldn't that be 12/6/12 if you're doing it d/m/y? We're not in August. :razz:
    Vadleon, Jun 12, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Jun 12, 2012
  3. May 14, 2011
    Whoops lol, i've fixed the date now.

Added the games to the list now :razz:

I have to say, i really enjoyed world of goo on the wii before i sold it and ive got the paid version on my phone now :razz:
  4. Jul 28, 2011
    5 days a stranger

and when you're done with that masterpiece, the sequel:

7 days a skeptic
  5. May 14, 2011
  6. May 14, 2011
    bump. Remember this is a competition and you all have a chance to win!

I may change the competition to a random.org voting on everyone who replied, if you think this would be more fair.
  7. Jan 2, 2012
    Terraria is an amazing indie game in my opinion. Feels like playing in a 2D classic game made in the good old times.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jul 14, 2008
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Borrow from the rich (EA, Bethesda, Activision, etc...) And buy from the poor (Indie developers)!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • May 14, 2011
        "borrow" lol.
      • Jan 28, 2012
        Potato sack reunion sale going on right now. 13 indie games for 20 dollas! By the way, some of the games you mentioned aren't indie.
      • May 14, 2011
        Thats what acutally inspired me for the contest. If only you get a separate token for each game i would have bought that for a competition. I just settled on defence grid cause its my favorate :smile:.

EDIT: Also which games arnt indie?
      • Ghost
        This message by Ghost has been removed from public view. Deleted by Ghost1995, Jun 13, 2012, Reason: Damn, quoted instead of edit..
        Jun 13, 2012
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Popcap markets PvZ. they're a really well known puzzle gaming company

only one i bothered commenting on. gonna go get some soup, and check if i can get some deals someplace
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Aug 1, 2011
          Not entirely sure if N+ is an indie game, but it's amazing and pretty fun. Especially if you can get a group of people. Plus, dying is actually quite entertaining.

Also, just looked up the "definition" of Indie games. There is no exact definition, but the main idea is that an indie game is a game developed without video game publisher support or finanial help. Isually developed bu an individual or a snall group of people.
          • Like Like x 1
          • May 14, 2011
            I will be gifting the game to @Vadleon for the biggest contribution made :smile:
          • Jan 12, 2011
            Awesome and thanks! I'll try to be on tomorrow to receive it, @Ghost1995.