Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Infantry[pF] muting me for "advertising"

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Lethedethius, Jan 27, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 31, 2011
    I was talking about cool maps, and mentioned a game engine called torque3d, Infantry muted me for "advertising" another game. I've had prior dealings with him, he had muted me earlier for mic spamming but another admin unmuted me immediately disagreeing with his decision. This dude just doesn't like me haha... can someone please sit this dude down and have a talk about proper mediation and administrative techniques.
  2. May 6, 2011
    I am sorry if you were really talking about another gaming engine, I only heard you were mentioning about another gaming site over the mic, something about garagegames.com, and that is against our server rules of the following, which I warned you about,

9. No Advertising other websites/servers.
    Any advertising of outside servers and/or websites will result in a ban.
    This includes recruiting for clans.
    Punishment: Kick -> Temp Ban -> Permanent Ban

However, your were muted as a courtesy, but I could have kicked you off, as you were spamming the mic on a previous map with warning, then after my warning about the advertising issue, you continued to troll about me over the mic, thus you were muted again.

If LSA could look into this issue, will be greatly appreciative.

Admins on were, Rets and Harvey...so hopefully they can help on this issue. I apologize Lethedethius if you felt you were unfairly treated.
  3. Jan 27, 2012
    i was in the server when this happend and i didn't hear him once troll you on the mic, nor did i hear any mic spamming he was just talking i've seen you mute people at other times for mic spamming aswell when they weren't spamming the mic they were just talking to people.
  4. Dec 31, 2011
    Oh brother don't play tactful now, bro I said garagegames.com ONCE, because someone asked what it was. so if I say youtube then I'm advertising, dude be honest. We've had prior dealings where you don't like me, and that's cool but don't let it cloud your judgement and discretion. You know you were wrong, that's why the JP...NY w/e lol guy unmuted me in the beginning, you didn't like it so you just looked for another "reason" to mute me. Do what you want, I truly don't care, what ever makes your life great haha.

Bro, I've done my time, I've got no reason to take silly stuff from you, and hey maybe you should take some advice from me. Sound judgement will make or break you, it will either create a rapport that will last the ages or make people laugh at you secretly, my proof: 8 years in the Army, 4 as a Sergeant. Like it or not people are laughing at you because of how you acted, and continue to act. Hell I had three people on the mic telling you were wrong lol, your too hard headed to listen though and that's cool, wisdom comes with time. More power to you man. Have a wonderful night. I looked at the rules, I did not see that in the rules when typing !rules.

And in regards to those admins, they were not on at the time of muting, they got on afterwards. So they can cover for you if they want, but is just as low down and dirty as what you did lol. L8r guy.
  5. May 6, 2011
    If this is true, please do provide your steam ID and your steam name, possibly IP, so the LSA can see if you were really playing at the time this occurred. But I stand by my warnings and enforcements.
  6. Jan 27, 2012
    Siding with Lethe on this one, only registered to tell Infantry to stop abusing.

Literally, he suggested something to me, and asked me to make a DBZ map for CS:S and suggested a few things, that was literally it, he then asked if there was a rule about the advertising thing and apologized but I had legitimately ASKED about it, so he was not advertizing in the sense that he was telling other people, he meant only to tell me.

Admins need to learn situational things and ask other players and listen to the community when they mute/kick/ban. That is the most efficient way of going about, "your business."
  7. Dec 31, 2011
    Don't forget to say a DBZ map for zombies lol. I actually said planet namek *Ok I have to take this back 10 years when I was 15 haha* with zombies... Then commented about the Torque engine lol

I'm guilty, guilty of saying Torque 3D Engine! lol. Apparently I've heard Infantry is asking another admin to say he was on as well, bro seriously? Wow I guess people aren't built honest anymore.

8. May 6, 2011
    We at plaguefest.com don't really mind if you say things like youtube.com or amazon.com, as long as it was not like over the top advertising of those sites. However, for gaming sites, I do warn for those. And I believe I did the warning nicely to hope you would understand, that we don't allow it. However, that was when you started trolling me none stop over the mic, thus why you were muted.

The Admin whom unmuted you was still in training, and had no right to unmute you. But, I let it pass, as you didn't mic spam and were using the mic properly, till I warned you about the gaming site advertising issue.

9. Jan 27, 2012
    This is a lie. He explicitely said that it was a testing engine, not a gaming site. You wrongly muted him because you got the tail-end of his story, and you obviously didn't want to admit you were wrong. If anything advertising YOUTUBE is worse than talking about a BETA TESTING FOR A NEW GAMING ENGINE site. Don't be so blatantly obvious when you're trying to hide your mistake.
  10. Dec 31, 2011
    I never stopped using the mic properly? Dude maybe you need to find a game with no mic capabilities. Or a friend? Rather in training or not I didn't ask him to unmute me the first time, he did it because he saw how jacked up you were being. Don't act like he did something wrong, he's about the only right that was going on in the server. Did I "Over the Top" Advertise by saying garagegames.com once?, I didn't type it, I said it in casual conversation, more so no one trolled you, not me, not a troll, I told you that was not in the rules, that is simply that, about 10 seconds before I got muted-I wasn't even talking when I got muted-thats what's halarious... Don't invent a story here, be straight, you abused and now your getting called out, apologize and don't do it again. Not a big deal-but damn don't harrass me. You don't even know me haha, hell Xerox and I get along great, and you know-if I cross the line he expresses what will happen-within the lines of the rules. But you sir are irrate, you cannot defend your actions so you lie about them.

11. Jan 27, 2012
    you wanted my steam id so..... my ingame name is corruptmoral and my steam id is steam_0:1:10608861
  12. Dec 31, 2011
    lol. I guess Infantry thought I made a second account? I don't have to troll the forums to prove a point guy, you're lying on your own admin forums. I'm not even mad at you, just apologize and we'll move on. Also-don't do it again, not to me or anyone else.
  13. May 6, 2011
    If you guys were mainly to discuss about another gaming engine, which is totally fine over the mic. As long as it isn't spamming the mic.

However, the main reason for the mute to cause you to post this, was my remark stated in a none offensive nature, for mentioning about another gaming site url over the mic. If you had more profoundly marketed that site url, it would had been a kick. However, you were muted, not because of this,

But the trolling and spamming of me over the mic....that was the main reason for the mute.
  14. Jul 1, 2010
    This will be looked in to. From now on please refrain from advertising websites on our servers.

Secondly, and no offense, but we/I really don't care about your military service whatsoever when it comes to enforcing our rules. I don't really care if you are a Four Star General, nor do I care if you are the CEO of a company with billions of dollars. Every player on our servers is on a level playing field and things are enforced accordingly. Only keep stuff relevant to your actual abuse report in this thread.
  15. Clam Chowder
    This message by Clam Chowder has been removed from public view.
    Jan 27, 2012
  16. Dec 31, 2011
    wait a second, I've proven along with 2 others this dude is abusing and you disregard it. Wow what a bunch of children on this forum. And no offense, but my military service outdoes w/e you have done, and don't give a rats ass about it, but my experience as a leader should matter. I enforce the military's rules, in a correct manner. Who talked about being a CEO? or a Four star general? I said Sergeant. Did I ask for special treatment? No I asked to be treated fairly.

Scratch that, I thought looked was locked lol, I apologize for that oversight, but stick by the rest.
  17. Jan 27, 2012

He wasn't the one trolling the mic, and was wrongly punished for saying something about a gaming engine, garagegaming.com isn't a gaming site, it's a site for a gaming engine, in essence, a testing site. I see no reason you guys are blatantly ignoring a community consensus of three people to a single admin who abused his privilidge,
  18. Jul 1, 2010
    Military rules have absolutely no bearing on pF, nor does how you enforce them or who you order around. The Four Star General remark was ATTEMPTING to put it in to perspective, which you apparently missed.

Also, I didn't specify gaming websites in my response, I said don't advertise websites.

As I said, this report will be looked in to.

Also, you have no idea what I have done, nor am I going to tell you.
  19. Dec 31, 2011

Your missing my point, I'm a leader, a administrator and moderator in my field. NO ONE is trying to impose military rules here(thought maybe they should haha), my point is I use sound judgement when making a decision rather punishment or reward. Infantry has not. And who is giving orders? I don't need a rank to tell you whats right bro. It's obvious what needs to be done in this situation.

I haven't missed anything, you've missed the entire point of my post, go back and re-read. I'm not gonna argue on this, it's childish to sit there and use examples of stature when I clearly stated my stature. Must we really argue on an issue that is not the topic? Infantry is the topic here.

Seriously back on topic here.
  20. Dec 31, 2011
    BTW: Your sopa thing is pretty cool :smile:
  21. Jun 17, 2011
    He's pretty much saying that your standing outside of this game whether it be military or anything else is not a factor. Respects to you but it has nothing to do with the issue of infantry punishing you for something he thought that needed to be done at the time. Whether it was wrong or not will be decided by the higher ups. But its better to keep your personal life out of an online game...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.