Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Installed a new monitor

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Clam Chowder, Jun 21, 2011

1. Nov 29, 2010
    My last monitor had a max resolution of 1400x900, I think it's about time I got a 1080p Monitor,

Using the Samsung B2430H monitor.

[IMG]
  2. Mar 26, 2011
  3. May 27, 2008
    Clam you're so silly. You don't install monitors, you plug them in and set them on the desk.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    Technically that's called an installation.

noun
    something installed, as machinery or apparatus placed in position or connected for use.

/literal
  5. May 27, 2008
    I can see your point. It doesn't need to be technical though, you picked a monitor up and put it on your desk and plugged it in.
  6. Nov 29, 2010
    The monitor can be plug and play, but it comes with some software that makes things all the better
  7. Feb 18, 2011
    Nice setup Clam, I especially like that can of Coke right there...so Awesome
  8. May 11, 2011
    Clean setup. I love using my monitor for everything also. Seems like you have your 360 and (ps3? saw a controller) hooked up. So many wires under your desk also haha.
  9. May 28, 2011
    Damn, that's nice. I need to get a new monitor myself, my one has a yellow line going down right of the center. :razz:inch:
  10. May 16, 2011
  11. Nov 29, 2010

Yeah I gotta clean the wires one day. My brother's borrowing my PS3 at the moment so I just have the controller hooked up to my computer for the time being. And yes, my xbox is hooked up to it, got tired of looking up to play games and hogging the tv from the family.

Ahh dead-pixels, when you buy a new monitor make sure they give a dead-pixel warrenty, it goes for about ~$9-10 extra for 3 years, and you basically buy a new monitor for 25% of the price

I'm also thinking of making it a wall-mount to save room and possibly connect my other monitor to the computer
  12. Jun 19, 2011
    Can you donate some money to me so I can upgrade my monitor? :razz: