Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Installing new power supply, Need help (Quickly)

Discussion in Help Desk started by Jenos, Aug 10, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 25, 2011
    Ok, so basically I've invested in a new power supply and graphics card. Now everything was going smoothly until i put in the 20+4 P1 plug to the Mother board. Theres two other plugs, thats it... One is a two 4 pinned (or w/e) plug, they're pretty much tied together so its eight. labeled P3. now I THINK this plugs into the 4 pinned (or w/e) plug on the motherboard (thats right up near the power supply). But the other 4 pinned part of that plug throws me off. The other plug is labled "8pin(PCI) on a tag, and the atual plug is labled "PCI-E" (E is for "Express"). Where does that go? i cant figure it out for the life of me, it a 6+2 plug (one 6pinned plug tied to a 2 pinned one). And also it seems as if I'm missing plugs, there's no SATA cables to plug into the disk drive, or that other thing (If you haven't figured out by now I am NOT computer savvy). The power suply is an Antec BP550 Plus.
  2. Oct 22, 2007
    the pcie cables would be used for your video card. it's a 2 plus 6 so it can be used in a 8 or 6 pin slot if the video card needs it. Like how most cards need a 8 and a 6 to be powered properly. also you're saying you don't have these connectors with your psu?!?

[IMG]

or bottom pic?

[IMG]

Bottom pic doesn't come with psu but mobo...

Lmao i guess i will do a how to build a pc mini guide from putting my rig back together with pics.
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    Power Output Connectors Details 1 x power 24 pin ATX with detachable 4 pin section 1 x power 4 pin ATX12V connector 1 x power 8 pin EPS12V 6 x 15 pin Serial ATA power 6 x 4 pin internal power 1 x 4 pin mini-power connector 1 x 6 pin PCI Express power 1 x 8 pin PCI Express power with detachable 2 pin section

These are the listed wires your power supply comes with which would be enough wires to be plugged in. 6 Sata wires :shock:

Are you missing wires?
  4. Mar 25, 2011
    I have that, but theres no place to plug the white plug into...

EDIT: and where would the 8pin PCI-E go, directly on the video card?
  5. Nov 29, 2010
  6. Feb 21, 2007
    that white part would go into a 4 pin connector which can be used for fans, lights, hell what ever you need to connect into a 4 pin power port. I have a corsair psu and i know you have those cables to do everything you need. Just try not to put the block in the circle hole, lol...
    [IMG]

just take your time and look over your connectors and you will easily figure this out. just don't rush things!!!!
  8. Mar 16, 2008
    There can be extra cables, only plug the ones needed for your motherboard and devices. the 4-pin one, is it a 4-pin molex or or 4-pin Aux? The power for SATA depends on the source, you might need a new power supply if you don't want to use adapters.
  9. Mar 25, 2011
    If you don't have anything useful to put in why would you reply at all?

Anyways, thanks Viva Rets, Penguin, and everyone else... This thread can be locked or whatever you do with useless threads.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
    I posted something but it was wrong so I edited it. Sorry~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.