Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

instant messenger?

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by DopeScope, Jan 10, 2012

1. Jul 19, 2011
    I think we should create a little thing on the side that is just a community instant messenger. Since there are already a ton of active visitors to this site, I would think all the talking would draw in more people who would like to express their opinion, just fuck around, or get help. It would stimulate the community more since there will always be a topic to respond to.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Well there's already a ton of things. You can post a topic, you could throw something in the "status updates", or you can hop on mumble. Hell, you could even go in game
  3. Jul 19, 2011
    that's like saying there is no need for aim when there is facebook....
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    While were at it why don't we create our own twitter feeds and call it moaner, which rhymes with bo... :razz:
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    Not quite. This is a false argument. (well I'm rarely on Facebook anymore but I think it has an IM chat thingy now?)

But there would be no need for IM on this page, we already have a ton of communication tools/devices/whatever you want to call them. :thumbsup:
  6. Mar 12, 2008
  7. Jan 21, 2011
    Well... IS there a need for aim since facebook came along?
  8. Aug 18, 2006

We've done this in the past. Shoutboxes are a bit Spammy. We replaced it with Status Updates and the spam issue subsided.
  9. Aug 1, 2011
    Thats what I was thinking. Any Shoutboxes I have ever seen in the past was almost 100% spam. And not the delicious kind. So I don't think a chatbox should be made honestly.
  10. Apr 2, 2011
    Honestly, leave it where it is. Nothing better worth implementing that wont be abused anyways...
  11. Oct 29, 2010
    Status updates are perfectly fine. No one will judge you on your latest life updates. . .
  12. Mar 16, 2008
  13. Nov 14, 2010

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Not directly on the site, but essentially connects everyone from all the servers together. It works as a textchat room, and a voicechat room.

[PlagueFest] MUMBLE SERVER
    IP: 208.115.221.179
    PORT: 64738