Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Entertainment started by Tony Montana, Aug 11, 2011

1. Jul 4, 2011
  2. Apr 15, 2010
    quite amazing tbh.
  3. May 15, 2011

Aug. 02.

Cause Notch said so.
  4. Feb 8, 2011
    really awesome we will just need super computers to play
  5. Jan 5, 2007
    As I explained to someone else about that exact same video not too long ago, it's entirely not practical for at least the next few generations of gaming.

All their video shows is "static" objects in the world, with very basic detail considering how detailed they were trying to make it sound. Imagine trying to use that today in a game such as Crysis 2, or even an RTS like Supreme Commander. Can you picture just how bogged down and overloaded the hardware would be at trying to render all those different objects moving at once, in the level of detail they are proposing? It's not something that you will be seeing used for a long time to come, because there's just no way right now to make use of it in a real scenario where today's average gaming PC can handle it.
  6. Feb 17, 2011
    well thats the thing.. so far its been one company or group of developers that has been working on this.. once this is released to the game developers things will move at a faster rate.. and btw if u r saying that u will need a super computer to run this.. i realy doubt that the ppl who developed this own a super computer.. and if they did that would defeat the purpose of it being the next generation in graphic details for the masses.
  7. Feb 18, 2011
    Allthough this is amazing, I don't think we will see the complete project for quite some time. All of this is revolutionizing the way games are made though,