Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Internet Explorer Spammed

Discussion in Technical Support started by Divine, Nov 18, 2013

1. Jul 2, 2013
    Anyone know how to block avertisements for stupid non-sense. My computer keeps getting spammed on these Windows crap and it gets really annoying
  2. Oct 18, 2012
    Why the hell are you using internet explore in the first place.....
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Jul 2, 2013
      Lol idk It was fine with me until these stupid ads
    • May 21, 2012
      There is Adblock Plus. But you could always try other browsers if you like...
    • Jan 21, 2011
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • May 31, 2012
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Get Pale Moon if you dont want your information being tracked (as much) by google and want reliability, and install these extensions/addons:
        • Adblock
        • Facebook Disconnect
        • DoNotTrack
        • WoT

And you should be golden

P.S: Pale Moon is a Firefox browser, but probably the best Firefox one.
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          He could have an adware virus installed on his computer. It dem little things tonton.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Hitman Pro
          HijackThis
          Avast!
          TDSSKiller
        • May 31, 2012
          Great qualifying question LuciD! Divine, could you please describe to us the behavior of these advertisements?

If it's a pop-up, the built in blocker should be good enough:
          [IMG]

I also recommend a virus scan... just in case...

edit: The other guys beat me to the virus idea lol. I'm thinking it's a virus but I don't want to jump to conclusion either.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Never hurts to do a Malwarebytes scan just in case.
        • Jun 11, 2012
          Dis guy is paranoid. everything is tracked. santa gotta keep up with yo search history to send you nice present. Guess you ain't getting no present!

You should try this, while reading a article at IBM I saw this and thought of your paranoid mentality. https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2013/...education-for-users-open-data-for-publishers/
          Seems like a kewl feature. Though haven't tried it.

To the OP, get rid of IE. You are most likely being bombarded due to a malware. If you are still wanting IE, use HijackThis to pinpoint the malware and deleting it while at the same time rewritting stupid IE configuration to stop redirecting.
          http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/
        • Feb 27, 2012
        • May 31, 2012
          Agreed! I also recommend NPE as a supplement scan. Thanks for the Pale Moon info, I'm looking into it and think it's a great idea.
        • Jun 11, 2012
          Son I am discombobulated. Try that lightbeam and play around with it. You can uncover direct website tracking or that I, Benderius Maximus The 4th of the Rodriguor, have been siphoning your info for years.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Jan 21, 2011
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Feb 27, 2012
              but no, in all seriousness, i know what you mean, and yes, of course tons of stuff is tracked, there's stuff that will always be tracked. But having less stuff being collected from, at least myself, makes me feel a little safer/comfortable.I also use more than just those extensions i listed as well.
              • Artistic Artistic x 1
              • May 31, 2012
                hijackThis is probably the best for adware, malwarebytes anti malware program never got rid of mine. Do a scan with hijackthis, most likely will fix the problem.
              • Feb 27, 2012
                or fuck something up. You have to know what's what and really watch what it wants to change, because 99% of the time, the stuff that comes up is nothing harmless... It just literally shows you everything that is changed that isn't part of a windows update or something.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Apr 9, 2012

I suggest installing Chrome, it's much better, or Firefox, but Firefox is a RAMwhore, Chrome doesn't.
                  Ad-block removes all ads and also removes ads on Youtube. While for that's actually not a good idea, for you it's probably a good idea :razz:
                  • Agree Agree x 1