Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Invisible guns in a trigger [Question]

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Super Mario, Feb 17, 2013

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Hi. I am trying to make a materia that makes people invisible when the player with the materia presses E. My question is, how can I also make all the guns that are in the trigger invisible for 10 seconds and back visible? I tried render mod 1 and alpha 0 to all the weapons. It worked but it triggered all the guns in the map. I want only the guns that are in the trigger(all guns) to go invisible if possible. Please help me, thank you.
  2. May 31, 2012
    I believe there's a tut in gamebanana that does that exactly, try to look for it.
  3. May 14, 2011
    AddOutput - !activator - alpha #

# - 0-255 depending on how visible you want them.

For guns its way trickier
  4. Oct 17, 2011
    I already know how to do the player lol. I just want to know how to do it for guns. Can i use renderfx 6 and renderfx 0 10 seconds after? If yes, I might try that by adding outputs to all the names of the weapons on CSS and renderfx. Example: onstarttouch>weapon_p90>add output>renderfx 6
  5. May 31, 2012
    That will make every weapon 'disappear'. The tut. did it for the player that went into the trigger, but I can't remember much.
  6. Oct 17, 2011
    Wow I've never seen anyone doing that before. I guess I'll just make them immortal rather then invisible since it's impossible unless if Geiger them p90's only at the beginning and naming the weapons. Thank you for the help envio and ghost.
  7. Jan 13, 2013
    Just check the rendermodes, and apply the one that fits your needs.

No Need to neg rep D=
    All you have to do is AddOutput - <weapons targetname> - Rendermode <whatever is invisible>

Edit2: Not funny DDDDDD=
    • Funny Funny x 1
      Who_er, Feb 17, 2013 Last edited by Who_er, Feb 17, 2013