Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bug Invisible humans

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by ORANGE-THE LAST TANGERINE, Apr 7, 2015

1. Dec 17, 2007
    Saw this guy while on panic beach, don't know if upper is aware but for some reason, some players are showing up invisible while they are human. You can only see their weapons, and this guy was able to hide in plain sight lol. Pretty sure it wasn't intentional but thought it might be worth mentioning.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Apr 18, 2014
      That happened to me a couple of times. I saw zombies with guns too lel.
    • Dec 27, 2012
      I don't know jackshit about this but can this be a graphical error? I mean, I've had bookcases that should be sofas being stuck in the most weirdest places..
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 17, 2007
        It quite possibly could be, i'm not too sure about mapping and all that, my knowledge is limited. But at the same time this map isn't new and this is actually the first time i've seen this happen.
      • Dec 27, 2012
        Did other players see him/complain about it? If not, the possible fact of this being a graphical error rises.
      • May 31, 2012
        I thought this was just a CSS issue because I have seen this many times in the past on multiple servers.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 17, 2007
          apparently according to killers post it's been happening to other players

I honestly don't know, I know that something similar was mentioned about it w/zombies and guns, but I haven't heard anything about humans...then again I could just be a noob
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            It could be a lag thing. Sometimes if you lag at a bad time when joining the server, models can show up as the wrong ones or invisible. The other thing that it could be is that your models are corrupt. If you know what custom model the player was using, delete all of its files and rejoin to redownload them. If its a stock model, verify your game cache.
          • Nov 20, 2013
            like this?

2015-04-07_00003
            • Funny Funny x 3
            • Like Like x 1
            • Apr 18, 2014
            • Mar 27, 2015
              I've seen this too. I always wondered whether it had something to do with internet connection issues or if it's a glitch. Good stuff.
            • Jan 25, 2014
              I enjoy stuff like this it always makes me laugh to see a human looking like a zombie with a gun. Brings a little variety. I generally lag and i cant see my gun or people im with around me but it shouldn't effect game play that much
            • May 31, 2012
              I definitely can't deny my lag *glares at sig*
            • Dec 17, 2007
              no sry neither one of these, i've done and check them...my models are good to go...as for as the time i've been joining, it's honestly been the same time constantly...
            • Aug 2, 2014
              lol i remember sec protocol saying that in admin chat when i asked for lsa. nice signature lol
            • Dec 17, 2007
              i have to stop logging on when i'm drunk and quoting tony..........
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • May 31, 2012
                No worries, he'll (@Tony The Tiger) drunk quote you back :razz:

I have some custom stuff installed, but to my knowledge, it didn't affect my view of other players. I have the Dual Elites, XM1014 Shotgun, Knife, Hands/Gloves, and the Scoreboard modified by custom downloads; I once adjusted the Scoreboard one and was having some strange issues while spectating other players, but not during game or of the other players (and I reverted back to the original download).

However, I can't recall if I had these issues before or after the installs. I feel like I have had the issues before, but I just don't remember.
              • Apr 9, 2007
                This was a known bug with the orange box engine. If everyone sees the same thing it could be something worse.

Considering the fact that zombie model'd human has 100hp, I'm not too concerned this is ZR.
                • Informative Informative x 1