Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

iOS 7 Beta

Discussion in iPhone/iOS started by zenzr, Jul 9, 2013

1. Jul 8, 2012
    If any of you are running an iOS device and you wanted to look into the beta it is possible to install it and take a look. I spent about an hour last night because I messed up but now I have been playing around with it for a few hours. I have to say even though I much prefer Android, it looks kind of cool.

IOS7

Edit: Only thing to note is when you install it make sure you do it the right way, or you're required to have a Apple Dev account and your iDevice becomes unusable unless you register it. I do not, and I was still able to get it.
    Zenzr, Jul 9, 2013 Last edited by zenzr, Jul 9, 2013
  2. Feb 3, 2012
  3. Mar 16, 2008
    I've had every iOS beta since iOS2. I would not recommend using the iOS7 beta unless you're specifically developing an application for iOS7. While the new features might look cool. Previous betas have left phones useless because of massive crashing and obvious flaws that weren't fixed before pushing them to developers. I will note that iOS7 Beta 3 was released yesterday which is a huge leap over Beta 2. Beta 2 would crash on every single app including Phone, Messages, Email, and Maps. Any third party application that isn't built for iOS7 is going to crash as well. It might not do it immediately but it will with continual use.

You can roll back after going to iOS7 but you will lose all of your temporary content like messages. Do a local backup before you try iOS7.
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    • Jun 23, 2010
      The iOS 7 looks sick. But I won't fully judge it till the final release comes out. I know its Beta and its for testing and stuff.