Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

iPad Pro 12.9" coming this November

Discussion in iPhone/iOS started by atxdragon, Sep 9, 2015

1. Aug 7, 2012
    • Jan 21, 2011

iPencil

Designed in California, Assembled in Secp house.
    • Dec 30, 2006
      Don't tell him that, he's just going to come burglarize my place.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I'm on the fence. I got into it on Facebook with a few people that literally thought that this iPad Pro was going to kill the laptop. Yeah...
    • Dec 30, 2006
      If the surface didn't kill the traditional laptops, then the ipad pro won't do jack.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      But it's apple. therefore revolutionary, therefore it's from god himself.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 1, 2011
        I def won't be getting an iPad pro (or any iPad), and if I did I wouldn't get the iPencil.

However, everyone quoting Steve about styluses is dumb and just grasping at straws to criticize Apple. There are way better things to criticize Apple for, like continuing to gimp new iPhones with 16GB of base storage.

The pencil thing basically turns the iPad into a wacom tablet, allowing for things a finger couldn't do. Steve's big opposition to the stylus was initially focused on smartphones, and tablets that required a stylus for optimal function. Neither of those are the case here, it's just an accessory that adds additional functionality most people don't need. Overall I dig it but obviously would never need or buy it.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Jan 21, 2011
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Feb 1, 2011
            Excuse my logic there budday!
          • Mar 20, 2011

[IMG]
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Jan 21, 2011
              I just thought it was funny when I read an article on gizmodos quoting him. Apple has completely lost its identity since Steve Jobs died and it just get worse and worse every year.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              The price of it is god damn ridiculous. For that price it should come with the pencil and/or keyboard.

I mean, the pencil is a cool idea i guess, but it sounds kind of like a money grab. Maybe it has more advantages over a regular stylus? i'd like to play around with it before i assume shit.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jan 21, 2011
                Its not a regular stylus. Its closer to the wacom style stylus which can work with touch and the stylus at the same time. The stylus isn't capacitative which grants more accuracy like Samsung gets in its note line of phones and tablets. The difference between this and how Samsung does it is Samsung isn't run by pricks who want to charge you 100 bucks for old tech, but overcharging for old tech while claiming its revolutionary has been Apple's game plan with all iOS devices since day one.
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Feb 1, 2011
                  FTFY
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Jul 8, 2012
                    11225340_10153722835799131_4321395962834927716_n

But for real. People seriously think this "new" iPad Pro is going to kill laptops. like for $60 (or whatever more, it's not much) you can get a Macbook Air. I'd still rather use a laptop than a tablet. At least an iPad. Don't get me wrong I liked my iPad 3, but being someone that regularly transfers data a lot locally iOS is about as useful as a stick.