Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

iPhone 4s or blackberry torch

Discussion in Media Devices started by XeroX13, Jan 25, 2012

1. Oct 11, 2011
    iPhone 4s
    Blackberry torch

well my blackberry bold just broke on me and i need a new phone, and idk wat to get!

idk if i should get the iphone 4s or the blackberry torch, there both touch screen phones, but the blackberry torch has also a pull out keyboard.

i really want to be that dude to be able to say, "yeah, i got an iphone"
    or
    i can be that dude who asks everybody for there bbm pin!.

idk tho, i can get an upgrade in February and i dont know wat to get, money is not an issue,so i dont have to worry about that.

Please help me decide!!!!
  2. Jan 10, 2009
  3. Oct 11, 2011

pshhhh!! i had that phone when i was like in 6th grade haha
  4. Aug 1, 2011
    Considering the state that RIM(makers of Black Berry) is in right now, I would look for an alternative. Basically comes down to preference, the iPhone users will preach iPhone, while android users will preach their brand, and there is everything in between.
  5. Dec 7, 2010
    All I can say is stay away, far away from anything apple. I learned from my mistakes buying an iPhone.
  6. Oct 11, 2011
    well the reason on why i choose these 2 phones is b.c for iphone, i need a new phone and i lost my ipod touch like 3 months ago so i can get both at one shot
    For the blackberry torch, i just love bbm, i never used text messages when i had my black berry bold
  7. Jan 21, 2011
    Assuming you're on AT&T, I would recommend the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. Big screen, fast processor, LTE, and android. All fantastic specs.
  8. Oct 11, 2011
    yea see my friend just got that phone and he said it sucks, and i tryed it and indeed, it sucked
  9. Mar 16, 2008
    Girlfriends sister has the Torch and hates it, just not as much support app wise. I love my 4s.
    Not gonna preach anything else.
  10. Oct 11, 2011
    yea true, all the ipods i had, like broke on me 6 months after i had it!
  11. Jul 1, 2010
    Funny because I have one and it's one of the fastest most responsive/powerful phones out on the market. This thing literally tears through anything and gets LTE (have bench-marked and played demanding 3D games on it). That was before I overclocked the processor to 1.73ghz. Might want to have your friend see about exchanging theirs for a new Skyrocket, might of had a bad one.
  12. Jan 21, 2011
    You're both doing it incredibly wrong, and I deem you beyond help.
  13. Oct 11, 2011
    yea true, my friends was soo slow, i was barely able to play angry birds on it, it was so slow and shit and he only had it like 2 months. idk maybe ur right, maybe i should tell him to return it and get a newer one
  14. Oct 27, 2010
    I've had experience with the Torch, it hasn't impressed me. I've also had two iphones which have been a less then a pleasurable experience. I can't speak to the new iphone though, I know people who are very happy with theirs.

Personally, I would try some android phone out for my next upgrade.
  15. Jan 21, 2011
  16. Jan 10, 2009
    hmm you had one of the new droid razrs in 6th grade. interesting. :thumbsup: also if you go the droid route get one of the higher end phones. they will have a better capability lifespan. my vortex is on it's last leg and i have had it just over a year. looking at it wrong bogs it down.
  17. Aug 1, 2011
    What were you doing to them to cause their breakage? I have a touch since it released and beat the hell out of it, and it works fine, also have an original ipod that still works to, lol.

You have to think, almost half the surface area of most smart phones are made of glass these days, dropping them on the ground or water, throwing them, ect will break them awfully fast so take care of them.
  18. Mar 31, 2011

Or wait till Tegra 3 phones come out later this year.
  19. Jan 23, 2012
    If it has to be between these two only, I would go with Blackberry all day.
    I not only hate the iPhone I hate all apple products in general.
  20. Oct 11, 2011
    wat i think im going to do is listen to seeker and novynn and get the Samsung Galaxy S2 try it out, if it sucks i can return it (within 30 days) and try out a new phone. lol

im going to miss bbm :crying: