Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

iPhone 5

Discussion in iPhone/iOS started by Ghost, Sep 13, 2012

Opinion

Will buy 7 vote(s) 17.9%
I've been turned to apple 1 vote(s) 2.6%
Looks good but still overpriced 4 vote(s) 10.3%
Just "no" 27 vote(s) 69.2%
  1. Feb 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
    • May 14, 2011
      Tell us what's its like when you get it. Hands-on or user review is usually the best type of review.

(If you arn't joking that is, sarcasm is hard to detect in text)
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Oh god here it goes again. Quick somebody lock this before it's a brawl between the lazy/not very smart and the creative/quite smart people!....... Shit! its already begun!

But in all seriousness, this kind of shows my point of view on it(Ray posted it already):

Once again, I cannot stand Apple. They sue any company that attempts to make something decently competitive with them for allegedly copying their product.
      • Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • May 14, 2011
        To be fair, it was apples idea, but on the other hand, vast amounts of money probably came attached as bribes to those patent applications.

Sadly the video on the apple site just isnt the same. Rest in peace Steve Jobs. He made apple what it is today.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        It's great that they make everything easy to use and make a "clean" OS, but the fact that they overprice it for that reason alone, without allowing much freedom or customization, is why I believe it's almost pointless to buy.

Possibly the only thing I'll consider is their Ipod Touch, but that's only if I completely jailbreak it, and use it to it's full (unlocked) capabilities.
        Post Merged, Sep 13, 2012
        I'm talking about where Apple sues a small clothing company in Poland for using a distinctly different picture of a green apple as their logo. Just stories like that show that they're doing all they can to eliminate any possible type of competition in the electronics market.
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • Feb 14, 2012
          I already have an iPhone 4s so I will wait to likely the next generation before I upgrade.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          It's funny because Samsung makes some of the chips for their products... Lawlawlawlawlawl. Just shoot yourself in the foot why don't you?
        • Jul 8, 2012
        • May 14, 2011

Now stop snapping!
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I'd rather go with android myself. I'm not going to get into why i would have an android phone instead because i don't want people to start flaming about it.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Aug 18, 2006
            The "new" iPhone really isn't "new". There's nothing truly remarkable with it... I'm looking forward to the new lawsuits. Samsung holds lots of LTE patents which are required to get LTE to work.

Nothing to see here folks, save your money. Don't buy in to Apple's marketing.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Zing! Zing! x 2
            • May 14, 2011
            • Feb 14, 2012
              You guys do realize that unlike the average apple / android fanboy major companies like Samsung and Apple will still continue to do business with each other despite being in legal dispute with each other. Money talks and it's good business. Corporations do not have emotions like the average butthurt neckbeard *cough* Brett *cough* they run on money. So no, Apple did not shoot themself in the foot protecting their trademarks.
            • May 14, 2011
              No disputes in this thread, we dont want another one of this: http://plaguefest.com/threads/101-reasons-to-hate-apple.9553/

(My first ever thread, brings back so many memories.) :razz:
            • Dec 19, 2008
              I heard the iphone 5 sucked but to tell you the truth I have never owned an iphone I have a anroid but I might switch over to iphones, not sure.
            • Jul 8, 2012
            • Dec 19, 2008
              I can get the phone for free need an opinions why I should or should not get a iphone.
            • Feb 14, 2012
              I wasn't debating I bashed both sides equally there is plenty of Apple users foaming at the mouth with ignorance with just as many Android users doing it as well. Hardware choices come down to personal choice. The iPhone 5 is a fine device for someone just getting into the Apple market or even someone wanting an upgrade just the same as any Android phone is great too. It's preference and I don't have any respect for people who try to tell others that their choice was some how wrong because it wasn't the choice they made.
            • Aug 18, 2006
              Going from an Android device to an Iphone is a major downgrade.
              • Agree Agree x 4