Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

iPhone App for forums

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Death Killer, Jul 12, 2011

1. Jun 19, 2011
    Since iPhone has gone very popular, I think it's a really good idea to develop an app for iPhone (maybe the other smart phones as well, if possible) and it will be much easier for the iPhone users to post on the forums.

Post your ideas, comments, suggestions, and everything else (no spam).
  2. Jun 23, 2010
    I know there's an app that let you post on forums and stuff easier. I think it's called Tapatalk. But you gotta pay $3 ($2.99)
  3. Mar 16, 2008
    Look up IPBoard on the App Store, that will work until we change forums eventually.
  4. Jun 19, 2011
    Not gonna change in the near future right? :razz:
  5. Feb 20, 2011
    Its something like $100 to be an Apple Developer. I dont think anyone here is one already.
  6. Jun 19, 2011
    Who knows?

If you are an Apple Developer, PLEASE MAKE AN APP just for PlagueFest!! It's called creating something unique.
  7. May 15, 2011

But I'm all for Android smart phones. :razz:
  8. Oct 8, 2009
    omg! i was just thinking this today as i was bored at work looking at apps!!

9. Jun 19, 2011
    How dare you say that!! :razz:
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    the man is just speakin' facts, can't blame him for that!
  11. Jun 19, 2011
    Of course I won't blame him, all I would do is go punch him :razz: right DirtBud?
  12. May 15, 2011
  13. Aug 18, 2006
  14. Dec 7, 2010
    What was the dumbest purchase I've made in my entire life? Buying an i-Phone..
  15. Jun 19, 2011
    Geeez you guys are mean! I just got a new iPhone 4 and... Havey, I might punch you too! Lol jking, no ban me :razz:
  16. Jul 1, 2010
    I actually really enjoyed my iPhone, and there is a lot I still miss such as the huge app store and some other things. I switched to a Motorola Atrix because of the power and features/docks that it had, and I must say that I really like the customization that the android OS allows. The market is technically locked to only the android market with AT%T (I know some people don't like AT&T but it's basically the best here :razz:), but I can side-load anything.
  17. May 6, 2011
    The smartest thing I ever did,

Bought an iPhone

The most idiotic thing I ever did,

Used an iPhone

18. Aug 18, 2006

Why?! Buying an iPhone is the stupidest thing anyone could EVER do...
  19. May 28, 2011
    I just use an old cheap phone. I couldn't care less about all that fancy iPhone stuff. :rolleyes:
  20. Feb 20, 2011
    The thing I dont l like about Android, is it feels unfinished. I think the icons and symbols, for battery and such look too cartoonish and childish. And the OS itself, even on brand new Android phones with Dual-core Processors, simply navigating around causes the animations to stutter and lag. The Android Marketplace has fewer apps, but has Malware. Even if you find the app of your choice, you cannot be sure it's made to work on your phone or version of Android. If you want a later version of Android, you are at the mercy of your carrier to issue the firmware update, or you risk bricking your device, unless you are tech-savvy. And for all the "openness" it boasts, many people are still rooting their devices so they can tweak it to what they really want.

Where as iOS, the experience is polished and easy, even on limited hardware like the iPhone 1 & 3G. And if you really feel the need to unlock your devices potential, you can jailbreak it in a few minutes. If you want newer firmware, you plug it into iTunes and download it, it'll install simply without you needing to babysit it. And with the new iOS 5 coming out, you'll be able to update over the air, and even sync over the air.

Even WP7 seems very streamlined and polished, working on all those devices, working with the OS even on limited devices like the Samsung Focus with its 256mb of RAM. The OS flies about its daily business with no lag or stutter. I might even consider a WP7 device as my next one. Especially with Nokia bringing out new devices for WP7. Nokia has always had stellar hardware, but the experience was let down by Symbian.

A lot of people bitch about iPhone because it cant do some things that the competition normally cant do very well. Or most people dont use it anyway. And normally apps allow these issues to be worked around. A lot of people complained about not being able to transfer files by Bluetooth (I have a jailbroken app for that) but there is an app that allowed File transfers for that called Bump. And as nearly all my friends and workmates have iPhones, this doesn't present a problem for me. When the 1 guy who has a HTC Wildfire wants a picture Bluetoothed to him, I fire up iBluetooth.

The iPhone itsself has changed the phone market. Before the iPhone launched, Android phones being designed and made looked like this.