Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

iPod Speakers - Recommendations?

Discussion in iPhone/iOS started by Nezumi, Mar 21, 2012

1. Jun 10, 2011
    Most relevant place I could think to put this topic...

I want to get some iPod speakers for when I work out, as when I take my jumper off, suddenly I have nowhere to store my iPod!

Wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for good, cheap speakers that won't sound tinny :smile:
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    Are you looking for a dock or some portable speakers to carry around?
  3. Jan 8, 2012
    Logitech sells one I have, its good in semi-close rooms with little to no noise, but outside its hard to hear. Overall 7/10
  4. Jun 10, 2011
    Preferably portable speakers, but if I won't get good quality without buying a dock then i'd rather get the dock... if you get what I mean? lol
  5. Feb 20, 2011
    If its a case of having nowhere to put your iPod, why not get an armband for one?

[IMG]
  6. Jun 10, 2011
    Because this is the single situation in which an armbad would be handy, whereas speakers would be handy in multiple situations :razz:
  7. Jul 14, 2008
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Do not buy a dock that tou can only use with your iPod.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 4, 2006
        apple everything and only apple! I just picked up my iCar from the dealer yesterday.
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Aug 1, 2011
          I have an alarm clock/radio/dock for my iPhone. It works with iPods as well, and it plays music from whatever its docked from as well. I find it rather handy and it came with a remote as well. If you want to know more, I can look it up and link it.
        • Jun 10, 2011
        • Jun 4, 2006
          @Nezumi what specifically do you mean by portable? If you don't mind a 2.1 speaker system, just buy a $30-50 one and move it around from room to room if you have to. The reason I like some certain 2.1 systems is because of their durability and dependability. These Altec Lansing's that I own, HERE, have been used everyday, since they were bought in 2003. I have not yet encountered any problems at all. The sound is crystal clear, the bass is superb. Even though I'm not recommending these, (they can be found for like $20 now), you can find another 2.1 set that'll give you great sound. Another reason why I like 2.1 speaker systems over portable Ipod players, etc, is because of the sound quality/price.

If you're not considering a 2.1 speaker system, then I've wasted my time here. :razzdrunk:
        • Jun 10, 2011
          By portable I don't mean I want to move it from room to room, I mean literally PORTABLE, as in, I wish to take it to other places with me, whether that be indoors, outdoors, overseas, in a hot air balloon, in a submarine, whatever. Just PORTABLE.

To be more specific, I need to be able to walk with it easily for at least 30mins. The whole point is I want to take it back and forth between my Mother's house and my Father's house.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          i hate that autocorrect too. so fucking much

@Nezumi there's a lot of third-party docks you can use as well, if you can't find portable ones.

My ex uses one, SIMILAR to this one, but not this exact model.
          [IMG]

it's got good volume and it was pretty cheap for over here, about $15-$22 or so.

Decent portable speakers, i'm still looking up on that. if i find anything i'll let you know.
        • Apr 9, 2007