Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion IRC Channel

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Spyro40k, Oct 12, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 10, 2012
    Hullo, I am proposing that there be added an IRC channel.
    This would be handy in alot of ways, for example, if you're in game and you see a rulebreaker/troll etc, and there are no admins on, all you do is "/irc Need admin server1, speedhacker" and then the admins in the irc can come online.
    This would also make the people in the forum socialize with each other more, and alot of funny moments.
    This can work for all servers.
    A good program I use is Mirc.
    I think if pF were to make a channel it would greatly improve the community and gameplay.

Thanks for reading ^^
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Jul 14, 2010
      There used to be one, but I think the plugin died and it became too tedious for management to do. It'd be cool to have one again but I don't know if it's needed/available to do.
    • Mar 31, 2011
      Utilizing the mumble server in this case would probably be better :grin:.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Jun 18, 2012
        Very good idea and I think it should be added. A lot of rulebrakers and this way there's easily something done against it (if adding the plugin is easy).

Demo's might be a better solution but then again, not everyone can make them and sometimes getting their ID's is a pain (at least for me it is cause sometimes my console refuses to work).
      • Feb 14, 2012
        The mumble server acts as both an IRC server and a voice chat. I don't know why we would want an IRC ontop of that I don't think it would attract any population. If you see someone breaking the rules why not demo it and submit it to bans to be reviewed?
      • Jun 4, 2006
        We had an IRC but it didn't last and any sm plugins for it are no longer maintained; we use mumble now.

:handcuffs:
        • Informative Informative x 1
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.